Sponsored

What did you do TO your Gladiator today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
well, hell.

JPs version 4190:
Plan as it stands today....

Before Delivery:
MOPAR 2" lift <<<<<NEW!!!
Steps of some sort I hope.
Window Tint

Upon Delivery, while drinking beer next door in the Ramada Lot:
Tazer JL
Rugged Ridge Sun Shade
12" antenna
Dead Pedal
Grab Handles
Fender vinyl
Fender flags

Day 2:
Black Rhino Armory with General ATX 37x12.5r17
Rough Country N3 Dual steering Stabilizer
Sponsored

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
In the interest of overlanding I have a few questions. I love the look of the lift and bigger tires. Will that affect towing? I'll be towing so I guess I'll need a brake controller? Does that mean I need to wire a 4 or 7 pin connector to the back? Roof racks?! I didn't know they existed for a gladiator. Does it mess with being able to take the top off?
Yes it'll affect towing, no you don't need to add a connector because they're already there. You can add a brake controller easily with one of these, plugs in under the dash.

Tekonsha 3014-P Brake Control Wiring Adapter for Jeep https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QRWR1YI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_TAI3CbQABC799

Roof rack is for the JL. Mounted like in the pic, you can't remove the freedom panels (and I wouldn't put much weight on a rack mounted to them). If you mount them only to the rear portion, it won't affect removing the top.

Sponsored

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Yes it'll affect towing, no you don't need to add a connector because they're already there. You can add a brake controller easily with one of these, plugs in under the dash.

Tekonsha 3014-P Brake Control Wiring Adapter for Jeep https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QRWR1YI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_TAI3CbQABC799

Roof rack is for the JL. Mounted like in the pic, you can't remove the freedom panels (and I wouldn't put much weight on a rack mounted to them). If you mount them only to the rear portion, it won't affect removing the top.
Hey good stuff. Thank you!

megamucho

First Name
mega
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Durango R/T, '18 BMW R1200GS
Thanks for all your pics here so far @Tacoman03 - your rig is starting to come together. :)

One question - is the bug deflector specific to the JT, or is something for JL which will work on JT as well? Thanks!

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I usually rush and get the mods done right after taking delivery, then I tone it down for a bit! Did that with my JLUR, and then 6 months later...BAM....traded it for this one...oh well...
And yes, I have installed the exact same bug shield on my JLU Sahara, then on my JLU Rubicon....now on the JTR! It works well!
Thanks for all your pics here so far @Tacoman03 - your rig is starting to come together. :)

One question - is the bug deflector specific to the JT, or is something for JL which will work on JT as well? Thanks!

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Another Mod completed...
Steel Bumper Grill Guard...easy!(I also installed the Mopar Radio Screen Saver)

Grill Guard 1.jpg

Grill Guard 2.jpg

Grill Guard 3.jpg
Do they have different sizes of this grill guard?

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
well, hell.

JPs version 4190:
Plan as it stands today....

Before Delivery:
MOPAR 2" lift <<<<<NEW!!!
Steps of some sort I hope.
Window Tint

Upon Delivery, while drinking beer next door in the Ramada Lot:
Tazer JL
Rugged Ridge Sun Shade
12" antenna
Dead Pedal
Grab Handles
Fender vinyl
Fender flags

Day 2:
Black Rhino Armory with General ATX 37x12.5r17
Rough Country N3 Dual steering Stabilizer

Tell me more about this steering stabilizer? Is it going to tighten up the loose steering? Any limitation on which config you can put this on? Seems like a very inexpensive bit of kit. Would love to hear more.

The Tazer JL seems too good to be true! Do we know that it will for sure work on the JT?

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Tell me more about this steering stabilizer? Is it going to tighten up the loose steering? Any limitation on which config you can put this on? Seems like a very inexpensive bit of kit. Would love to hear more.

The Tazer JL seems too good to be true! Do we know that it will for sure work on the JT?
well, I don't know. I'm throwing 37's on so I wanted to do what I could to help. I've been told you must have at least a 2" lift for the brackets to clear.

TazerJL: there's no reason it won't work. the electronics should be the same as a JLU.
Auto Start/Stop GONE
Speedo Corrected
Lightshow
:rock:

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
well, I don't know. I'm throwing 37's on so I wanted to do what I could to help. I've been told you must have at least a 2" lift for the brackets to clear.

TazerJL: there's no reason it won't work. the electronics should be the same as a JLU.
Auto Start/Stop GONE
Speedo Corrected
Lightshow
:rock:
Sounds great!
I wonder if we can find a group buy option or something for the tazer. My guess is many members will want to do this.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.