Sponsored

What would you do?

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
So this happened to me yesterday.
I was in a hardware store parking lot sitting and making sure I got everything I needed for a project. All of a sudden my truck shook. I looked up to see a middle aged guy (55 years old I’m guessing) walking by my front bumper. This guy kicked my truck tire.
I got out of the truck and said “ Is there a problem?” (He didn’t realize I was sitting in the truck) He said “No, I was admiring your truck, It’s so tuff looking“
I said back “admiring it by kicking it?” He just put his hands up and said back “You have to kick the tires”.
Another person walking by saw the conversation and just shook his head as to say to me ”it’s not worth it”.
The guy walked off and I checked to see if it was the just the tire he kicked.

So what would you guys and gals have done in that situation. Normally I would have been in that dude’s face. Guess it being my birthday this past Monday and getting older has calmed me down.
Sponsored

Mouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I think you handled it OK...that guy was stupid. No need to go beyond you confronting him as long as no real damage occurred. Some folks don't respect other's property.

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I would have held down the horn and scared the F*ck out of him as best I could. I had a similar situation a few weeks back - no kicking of tires, but an older guy (older than me, at least) walking around my Overland admiring it - said he hadn't seen one in person, but had read a bit about them.

But I hear ya - as I also get older, the less I see the need to engage others who are idgits. :headbang:

OP
OP
GoVR46

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would have taken him at his word and been flattered.
When I checked and it was just the tire he kicked, I thought who does that. I don’t even do that at a dealership. Just because the tires are big that why you kick it. Should I start kicking Ferrari tires. lol

Sponsored

Whitejeeptj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2013 F150 FX4, Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
MRI tech
I think you did enough, the guy walked away feeling like the jackass he is ......... I assume. You never know about people these days, he could've had a knife or a gun in his pocket and looking to use it. No damage to the glad and no headache for you from a more in depth confrontation.

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I don’t know. Doesn’t seem like anyone can harm a truck tire by kicking it. They’re made to support thousands of pounds and cross rough terrain. And it doesn’t sound like it was malicious. Had it been any other part, I would probably have a different response.

Sparty

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR (Gecko) / 2021 JLR
:LOL:

Last night we were "in line" for a restaurant which requires you to wait in your vehicle and get a text message that your table/opening is ready.

Some guy comes walking by and totally biffed it by hitting the corner of our front bumper. He had no clue that we were sitting in the Jeep.

So I started to hit the horn to mimic a car alarm and he continued on in the restaurant with haste.

OP
OP
GoVR46

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would have held down the horn and scared the F*ck out of him as best I could. I had a similar situation a few weeks back - no kicking of tires, but an older guy (older than me, at least) walking around my Overland admiring it - said he hadn't seen one in person, but had read a bit about them.

But I hear ya - as I also get older, the less I see the need to engage others who are idgits. :headbang:
That I get all the time, people staring at the truck or asking questions. Never did they want to kick the tires. Lol

OP
OP
GoVR46

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t know. Doesn’t seem like anyone can harm a truck tire by kicking it. They’re made to support thousands of pounds and cross rough terrain. And it doesn’t sound like it was malicious. Had it been any other part, I would probably have a different response.
That’s not the point.
If I walked over to someone’s car or truck and started bouncing the suspension up and down because I wanted to ”test the suspension” Im betting people would have a problem with it.

Sponsored

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
AZ is open carry, so perhaps there's a certain level of hesitation of 'kicking' others' property when in a public setting...

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Similar issue happened to me but a friend took care of the confrontation. At a car show in a national airplane hangar someone was tugging on my tube doors to open the truck. no respect.

Bruce

Okie362

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport/2020 JLU/2021 JTRD (Hydro Blue)
Occupation
IT Management
As long as it was just the tired tell him..."You kick like a little bitch. Do it again and kick it like a REAL man this time!" Then keep on him till his toes can't stand it anymore.
Sponsored