Wheel Considerations?

bhbdvm

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon, 2016 BMW R1200GS
I don't have a Gladiator yet but hopefully will be one of first EcoDiesel owners when available. I'm not a big aftermarket guy but obviously the Jeep Brand may change that for me. I would consider putting a 2 inch lift on my Gladiator but I don't think anything else and probably stick with nothing more than 35" tires. I have never really considered aftermarket wheels. Trying to educate myself about my options. Suspect alloy is my best option because I doubt steel will be that important for how I intend to use my truck. What are the major companies I should consider for looking at wheel options? Any companies to stay away from? Anything else I need to be aware of given the above I have mentioned? Oh yeah, I'll probably get Granite gray Rubicon FYI Thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I'd go alloy and I'd make sure to get wheels with a clearcoat finish on them. Otherwise they won't survive a single winter.

Hemi

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK, 2020 Gladiator
Wheels are one of those things that have a wide price range. On the lower end of the range I have used Procomp with good result. But you can get wheels for 2x/3x as much from AEV and similar brands. It's your budget, I can't speak to that.

I would definitely look at alloys. Alloy is just as strong as steel these days, I've done Moab on them without a hitch, so it's a solid choice. It takes a lot of abuse to bend an alloy rim. and it weighs less too.

You need to find a reputable dealer and get a rim with the proper offset for your setup.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I normally shop from discount tire direct because they have a good selection for jeeps and all of their products are high quality and priced extremely well with free shipping.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Search the wheel threads of JL Wrangler forum. You’ll see lots of stuff there. Everything that fits a JL will fit a JT. Pay attention to wheel offset and you can avoid problems, aesthetic and mechanical. Otherwise, Quadratec is a good starting point to see what’s available for Jeeps.
Sponsored