Sponsored

Wheel/Tire recommendations for 35x12.5r17s? (Max tow)

OKC Adonis

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I am doing some research on wheels/tires for a sport S purchase I am about to pull the trigger on buying. I have a couple of questions I have about what comes on the wheels that come on stock with the Sport S.

1) My assumption is that they can't fit 35x12.5s. Based on what I have read I should stick to 8" or 9" wide wheels. Based on some other threads I thinkI want to go 9" wide wheels so the stance isn't so wide with the tires sticking out.
If they can't fit 35x12.5s...what are some good options for wheels on this sized tire?

*EDIT* I see on another thread that stock wheels are 7" so I would definitely need to go with different wheels.

2) THe tires I am looking at getting are either Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac or Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar tires. I am getting 35% off on any Goodyear tire set due to familiy connections.
I really don't have much experience with either one of these tires because I have been a Falken or BFG guy for the last 10 years.

What would be the bettter option of the two?

I assume my take offs will be pretty worthless since they aren't rubis.
Sponsored

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
I am doing some research on wheels/tires for a sport S purchase I am about to pull the trigger on buying. I have a couple of questions I have about what comes on the wheels that come on stock with the Sport S.

1) My assumption is that they can't fit 35x12.5s. Based on what I have read I should stick to 8" or 9" wide wheels. Based on some other threads I thinkI want to go 9" wide wheels so the stance isn't so wide with the tires sticking out.
If they can't fit 35x12.5s...what are some good options for wheels on this sized tire?

*EDIT* I see on another thread that stock wheels are 7" so I would definitely need to go with different wheels.

2) THe tires I am looking at getting are either Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac or Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar tires. I am getting 35% off on any Goodyear tire set due to familiy connections.
I really don't have much experience with either one of these tires because I have been a Falken or BFG guy for the last 10 years.

What would be the bettter option of the two?

I assume my take offs will be pretty worthless since they aren't rubis.
You could always go with the Nitto 35x11.5's and The MTR comes in a metric size that works out to basically the same also. Good options for use on the stock rims.