Sponsored

Wheels

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I am a bit of numbers guy, spread sheet analyst if you will. Anal shopper if you want to be a jerk about it. Anyways here is my wheel comparison document. You may have noticed a particular style wheel that I like. This is the look I am going for. If anyone knows any wheels that fit my look that I have not compared let me know.

If anyone wants to add to the document with different wheels, go for it.

Is there something missing from the document you think I need to consider, let me know?

I love the AEV Savegre, plus they are the correct fit. However, I am having a hard time with the weight. I can get the Pro Comp wheels that are a full 9 lbs lighter per wheel. That is a big difference in unsprung, rotating weight. I don't have any experience with Pro Comps, but they are really cheap and that also gives me caution.

Anyone have experience with Pro Comps? Is the quality as cheap as the price?
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP
homerun

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
If you like the wheels document, I have started a bumper document. After I finish that I plan to do one for rock rails/sliders as well.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
I am a bit of numbers guy, spread sheet analyst if you will. Anal shopper if you want to be a jerk about it. Anyways here is my wheel comparison document. You may have noticed a particular style wheel that I like. This is the look I am going for. If anyone knows any wheels that fit my look that I have not compared let me know.

If anyone wants to add to the document with different wheels, go for it.

Is there something missing from the document you think I need to consider, let me know?

I love the AEV Savegre, plus they are the correct fit. However, I am having a hard time with the weight. I can get the Pro Comp wheels that are a full 9 lbs lighter per wheel. That is a big difference in unsprung, rotating weight. I don't have any experience with Pro Comps, but they are really cheap and that also gives me caution.

Anyone have experience with Pro Comps? Is the quality as cheap as the price?
I guess we know what style of wheels you like. Nice Doc!

megamucho

First Name
mega
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Durango R/T, '18 BMW R1200GS
I appreciate your analytical approach to these decisions. I inherited a bunch of ProComp parts on my YJ which were the choice of a prior owner, Never really had issues with anything but that Jeep was way more beater than anyone buying a JT will have for parts expectations

since41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee, Trackhawk, RAM DT,
Nice! I wouldn't put a ton of faith into some wheel manufacturers posted weight. I saw one place list the Mopar Beadlocks at 26lbs when they are closer to 34lbs. I'm with you on the unsprung weight topic. After seeing many AEV wheels with porosity issues in the barrel they went to the bottom of my list.

Sponsored

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
This is awesome...

But I wonder could we consolidate all our stuff into one master document with tabs?

That will make it easier to reference and navigate later.

Maybe something like @steffen707 ‘s google spreadsheet?

We could have some people with the ability to edit and add/delete so it doesn’t get crazy.

OP
OP
homerun

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is awesome...

But I wonder could we consolidate all our stuff into one master document with tabs?

We could have some people with the ability to edit and add/delete so it doesn’t get crazy.
I asked before I started this, hoping for someone else to do my leg work. No one jump so... I got my lazy a$$ to work.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
This is awesome...

you mean like a wheels tab
fender flair tab
rock rails
tires
headlights

ect ect? in a master document with links to products, ect?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I asked before I started this, hoping for someone else to do my leg work. No one jump so... I got my lazy a$$ to work.
you already got a master doc?

EDIT: LMAO, that was post 1, got it!

The Options matrix kinda has turned into this for me, but we could spruce it up a bit.

OP
OP
homerun

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
homerun

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited