Sponsored

When auto-stop-start becomes more intermittent....

OngsterA

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sarge Rubicon
Occupation
Software Security
What's the main cause, low charge aux battery? It kicks in less lately, I'm only at 3700 miles. Recent inspection and first oil change done, no codes/issues. Is this something to worry about? I realize that electronics monitor conditions for this feature to switch on.
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
What's the main cause, low charge aux battery? It kicks in less lately, I'm only at 3700 miles. Recent inspection and first oil change done, no codes/issues. Is this something to worry about? I realize that electronics monitor conditions for this feature to switch on.
In your center screen above the steering wheel, does it always say that your start stop is working?

OP
OP
OngsterA

OngsterA

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sarge Rubicon
Occupation
Software Security
In your center screen above the steering wheel, does it always say that your start stop is working?
I didn't know there is such an indicator, thx. It was working as often as it should before, now very seldom since the servicing, wonder if something is preventing it.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't know there is such an indicator, thx. It was working as often as it should before, now very seldom since the servicing, wonder if something is preventing it.
Use the up and down scroll keys. It's about 2 screens below the mpg screen the way mine is set up.

On really hot days here, like in the 90s or greater, ESS doesn't work and will say "due to cabin heating/cooling" or words to that effect.
If the engine is up to temperature, and all else is ok, it might say not ready "battery charging".
If it sits a lot, like more than 3 or 4 days, the parasitic drain of the electronics will cause the battery charge to drop and these seem to take forever driving to get the batteries back up to snuff.

Otisday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland Diesel
Occupation
VP
When you get to the screen and it says not ready charging. Take it to the dealer an have them replace the batteries. I had this done on mine and it was at about the same miliage you have.

OP
OP
OngsterA

OngsterA

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sarge Rubicon
Occupation
Software Security
Use the up and down scroll keys. It's about 2 screens below the mpg screen the way mine is set up.

On really hot days here, like in the 90s or greater, ESS doesn't work and will say "due to cabin heating/cooling" or words to that effect.
If the engine is up to temperature, and all else is ok, it might say not ready "battery charging".
If it sits a lot, like more than 3 or 4 days, the parasitic drain of the electronics will cause the battery charge to drop and these seem to take forever driving to get the batteries back up to snuff.
Per those conditions, it's only been hot days here, over 90, could be the cause then. I'll check that monitor on the dash too, thx!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Per those conditions, it's only been hot days here, over 90, could be the cause then. I'll check that monitor on the dash too, thx!
It's been hot here, in the mid 90s the last couple of days - AC running, sun shining in, strong hot winds, hard for AC to keep up so my ESS hasn't kicked in the last 2 days at all - message always cabin heating/cooling.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
When I push the engine start button, I push the ESS off button next. Every start, every time.
That sure seems like an awful lot of work, what an inconvenience.

OP
OP
OngsterA

OngsterA

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sarge Rubicon
Occupation
Software Security
When I push the engine start button, I push the ESS off button next. Every start, every time.
Yeah I get that, just wasn't answering my question, thanks anyway.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Because pushing a button is so much like your parents? LOL - just had to, saw one of those really stupid insurance commercials.
Sponsored