First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Just wondering when you Guys are doing first service ? I am old school and there is no way I am waiting to 10,000 miles. I was thinking maybe 5000 but now at about 3000 miles I am thinking maybe sooner ? I figure I will mark wheels some how to make sure they rotate tires and for sure check oil level after they are done. Underneath also. It scares me to trust the dealers after working as a manager in them for 30 plus years. I’ve seen it all believe me . I usually do all my own work but being new and under warranty I would like to have a record on file for services. Also at 68 I am not really looking forward to crawling under vehicles in the driveway to any major extent.
Sponsored

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
You know the game being there and seeing it in person. You also know it's a good idea to at least at the work after it has been done.

5000 miles is a good time to get it serviced. I rely on the service message myself. But I won't go past 10k. Also look at the other fluid levels under the hood yourself. They may just get the checkmark and not checked.

A young 68 you are! I worked with a friend who was 78. One of the last jobs we did was to replace a final drive motor on an excavator. Heavy work, but he never gave up.

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
Btw,
You know the game being there and seeing it in person. You also know it's a good idea to at least at the work after it has been done.

5000 miles is a good time to get it serviced. I rely on the service message myself. But I won't go past 10k. Also look at the other fluid levels under the hood yourself. They may just get the checkmark and not checked.

A young 68 you are! I worked with a friend who was 78. One of the last jobs we did was to replace a final drive motor on an excavator. Heavy work, but he never gave up.
I may not be close to 68, but I'm with you about crawling under cars anymore. I had to install a two post last year. I should have done it years ago. Even getting it up a few feet helps a lot.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
i did my first one at 1k. get all the shavings from newly machined parts out of there

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Sponsored

wildtaco

First Name
Karol
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
23’ Diesel Rubicon Sarge Green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
i did my first one at 1k. get all the shavings from newly machined parts out of there
Did the same on my diesel for the same reasons.

BlueScapegoat

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 ST185, 04 Ram SRT10, SC'd 05 Rubi, 22 JTRD
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Vehicle Showcase
I did my first oil/filter change on the EcoD at 2600 miles. Second one after another 5k and a Blackstone analysis and going to stretch the next one to 7k at the advice of Blackstone and see how it does.

FLACRACKER

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Myself once a year. It may be over kill but I hope to keep my JT for a very long time. When you take it to the shop I suggest taking a lot of pictures of the vehicle (interior and exterior) and yes, check the work before you leave. Best wishes!

56cbr600rr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Yep, me too. 985 miles on the odo and went to Jeep svc... They questioned it.. DId it anyways. My reasoning is the same as yours..

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
The owner's manual says (pg 385) (2022) - Under no circumstances should oil change
intervals exceed 10,000 miles (16,000 km), 12 months or 350 hours of engine run time,
whichever comes first. The 350 hours of engine run or idle time is generally only a concern for
fleet customers.

Sponsored

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
I usually do all my own work but being new and under warranty I would like to have a record on file for services.
IMO, this isn't a good enough reason to allow the dealership to perform basic services. Buy the things you need, then keep the receipts and a record of when you did each service.

Too bad you weren't closer - I'd tell you to stop by and we'd knock out whatever you wanted to do.