D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious, do we have many accountants on this forum? I just got rid of a very clean twin turbo 340i which screams finance World when you see it and I’m hoping to become a jeep owner here very soon which I’m sure will turn some heads at my office. So I’m wondering, how many of you guys are also accountants pulling up to the office in a rugged 4x4. Maybe it’s more common outside of CA but here you usually see a lot of the finance guys in Tesla’s, Beemers, Prius, anything but trucks pretty much.
Sponsored

PastV1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue soon, 2014 Highlander
It might just attract a completely new client base.

Gelo

First Name
Gelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Accountant
Hello D10S86, I'm an accountant living in Southern California. I just got my JT (the family loves the Jeep) this month and I've been driving a truck since 2009. Defy the norm and get a JT. :)

OP
OP
D10S86

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
It might just attract a completely new client base.
I’m in corporate accounting, not client facing, but I guess that could be true if I was a tax accountant working with customers or still working at an audit firm.

OP
OP
D10S86

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Hello D10S86, I'm an accountant living in Southern California. I just got my JT (the family loves the Jeep) this month and I've been driving a truck since 2009. Defy the norm and get a JT. :)
Haha awesome man. I guess the norm just kinda always fit me up until covid hit. Now I’m realizing how little freedom I had with a sports car. Other than being able to go really fast, I couldn’t go camping or grab the kids bikes and go to the beach. We have been pretty much stuck without any memorable activities. It will be kinda funny when I’m back in the office in a lifted jeep on 35’s, people will think I lost it 😅

Sponsored

OP
OP
D10S86

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
So just the two of us on here? Well, not sure of your experience level but if ever any JE questions you’re hung up on, maybe you can let me know and maybe I’ll have an answer!

mstrav73

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
I would worry more about the fact that you live in Cali vs the accounting image your concerned of protecting, Ha!!

FYI, I grew up there. Regardless, I believe you drive whats suits you, its your life, enjoy it.

OP
OP
D10S86

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
I would worry more about the fact that you live in Cali vs the accounting image your concerned of protecting, Ha!!

FYI, I grew up there. Regardless, I believe you drive whats suits you, its your life, enjoy it.
Haha agreed bro, 100%! Cali has been good to me though, so I can’t complain. And I live far enough from LA and the OC to not deal with all the BS, but close enough to enjoy the fine dining and beaches 😉

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I live far enough from LA and the OC to not deal with all the BS, but close enough to enjoy the fine dining and beaches 😉
I'm a Systems Project Manager in the OC and have been around the techy crowd for 20+ years. I have to admit, one of my favorite cars was my 2003 325i, but far and away, my Gladiator has been the funnest vehicle I've ever owned.

And if you have kids, it's a no-brainer. They'll love it far more than your beemer and ultimately, that's all that matters. And honestly, I'm a car guy and the Jeep brand and the Gladiator have a lot of respect and momentum...I personally would embrace the individuality and the attention you'll get for driving a bad-ass Jeep truck :jk: and as a numbers guy, enjoy counting the money saved by not buying a Tesla.

OP
OP
D10S86

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a Systems Project Manager in the OC and have been around the techy crowd for 20+ years. I have to admit, one of my favorite cars was my 2003 325i, but far and away, my Gladiator has been the funnest vehicle I've ever owned.

And if you have kids, it's a no-brainer. They'll love it far more than your beemer and ultimately, that's all that matters. And honestly, I'm a car guy and the Jeep brand and the Gladiator have a lot of respect and momentum...I personally would embrace the individuality and the attention you'll get for driving a bad-ass Jeep truck :jk: and as a numbers guy, enjoy counting the money saved by not buying a Tesla.
I hear you man. And yes, I’ve got kids and my 8 year old has been watching YouTube jeep videos with me and can’t wait. Definitely a more exciting vehicle than the 340i but that was a nice ride for the few years I had it

Sponsored

TommyGp

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 EcoDiesel Rubicon
Occupation
at a job
Not an accountant, but that was my first major. 18 hours in I realized that although I was good at it, it was boring to me. I switched to Economics because it's like a meteorologist. You make a forecast, it's wrong, and then you explain why you told them in your presentation why it could be wrong and that you said "this could happen." :CWL:

I develop power plants for a living, which essentially blends structured finance with engineering management. Sometimes I deal with private equity people in NYC, Chicago or some other big metro area, other times I deal with geeky engineers. Almost universally they love that I'm a closet redneck. :CWL:

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
You are a trend setter.

OP
OP
D10S86

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Not an accountant, but that was my first major. 18 hours in I realized that although I was good at it, it was boring to me. I switched to Economics because it's like a meteorologist. You make a forecast, it's wrong, and then you explain why you told them in your presentation why it could be wrong and that you said "this could happen." :CWL:

I develop power plants for a living, which essentially blends structured finance with engineering management. Sometimes I deal with private equity people in NYC, Chicago or some other big metro area, other times I deal with geeky engineers. Almost universally they love that I'm a closet redneck. :CWL:
Sounds like an interesting gig you got going. And it’s true, people do appreciate it when someone in a particular field goes against the grain or outside of the typical stereotypes you see in their position. Definitely makes a person more genuine and easier to relate to. A car can easily change the perception you give off and say a lot about what you value outside of working hours.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
I always parked my truck next to my peers who drove BMWs Lincolns Audis etc.. I really don't care what people think. I drive vehicles I enjoy, not to fit in or impress others.
Guess who drove to lunch most times with the drooling yuppies.

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Iam curious, what are the fees associated with driving a truck like the gladiator in the state of California every year? It seems to differ quite a bit in some cases, state by state.
Sponsored