Sponsored

Where can I find this dashboard decal/kit?

WakesurfVT

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 Centurion Enzo SV233
Occupation
Director of Inside Sales
Looks to be a decal kit that goes over the stock red dash obviously done up for SEMA but I really like this!

*edit - found this one but don’t like how the grill stripes go all the way down...wonder if he modified?
https://etsy.me/2AgC7Nh

44E4BEA9-F643-44C3-B21B-71F320FCCFA2.png
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
That's fantastic....

Elwenil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Dodge Ramcharger
Occupation
Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Dealership Parts Manager
I like the look, but it's basically taping the airbag door closed. I think I would cut it down the center and apply it in two pieces on either side of the break.

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just about any local sign shop should be able to do that as a wrap for you. You could also just do the grill slots out of vinyl if you are okay with the stock color.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
I like the look, but it's basically taping the airbag door closed. I think I would cut it down the center and apply it in two pieces on either side of the break.
Does the airbag deploy from the center or just push the entire panel down and deploy out of the top. The leather on the overland does not look conducive to an easy deploy from the center.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WakesurfVT

WakesurfVT

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 Centurion Enzo SV233
Occupation
Director of Inside Sales
Ended up chatting with the owner of this SEMA rig and he said the dashboard is painted, not a decal. He also said a vinyl decal wouldn’t block the airbag if you go that route (I’m assuming he has the knowledge from having taken off the dashboard for this project?).

Elwenil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Dodge Ramcharger
Occupation
Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Dealership Parts Manager
I believe it was determined here previously that the panel splits down the middle horizontally when the airbag deploys. Taping over the break-line could cause issues with the airbag. It's certainly not going to keep the airbag from deploying, but it could cause the panel to pull loose and injure someone in the vehicle due to it flying around.

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
I believe it was determined here previously that the panel splits down the middle horizontally when the airbag deploys. Taping over the break-line could cause issues with the airbag. It's certainly not going to keep the airbag from deploying, but it could cause the panel to pull loose and injure someone in the vehicle due to it flying around.
Really? I dont see any evidence of a seem on that panel. not saying you're wrong but i just dont see it. i was thinking of adding one of those jeep scenes from pixel to that spot. I too hate the red.

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
Really? I dont see any evidence of a seem on that panel. not saying you're wrong but i just dont see it. i was thinking of adding one of those jeep scenes from pixel to that spot. I too hate the red.
Airbag exits through a horizontal slit that is right through the middle of the panel.
dang.JPG

You can see it here in this dang video:

Reminds me a little of this guy:
star wards.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
Wow, didn't think it was there. Thanks for that! gotta say, jeep did a good job hiding it.

Not sure what you mean with the star wars guy.

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
The split probably does not go all the way through the dash. It is most likely only scored on the backside. The force of the air back brakes it completely open.
I also doubt that a vinyl graphic on the front of that will cause any issues with it deploying. If you were to wrap it around the edges to the backside, that might impede it though. If you are trying to get rid of all the red, it would probably be better to just take it off and paint/plasti dip it.

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
I also doubt that a vinyl graphic on the front of that will cause any issues with it deploying
It won't.

Have you ever seen what an airbag will do to someone if there feet are over it? Its quite horrific. There is so much force in these things. If it can dislocate someones hips, vinyl decals will be no match.

Tlikethedrink

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
This could be done with thinner or perforated vinyl material also. Not that’s regular will stand a chance in my opinion. It’s already breaking through plastic at 200mph or whatever
Sponsored