Where do you store your pistol / gun?

DanPop

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Unlimited Sport S
Every vehicle I've owned in the last 15 years have had a hard plastic door pocket that I clipped my holster on as if it was my belt. This net thing door pocket is just to flimsy to hold it up. So.... Looking for opinions.
Sponsored

Tanninman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Escalade 2018 JLU Rubicon
Every vehicle I've owned in the last 15 years have had a hard plastic door pocket that I clipped my holster on as if it was my belt. This net thing door pocket is just to flimsy to hold it up. So.... Looking for opinions.
Best place for the pistol is on the body. Maybe a mount for shotgun in the back.

Here in NYS if somebody steals your pistol, you are in way more trouble than they would be.

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
On your body. In my state it’s not legal to carry off body in the car.

That said I don’t find carrying that useful anyway. I have my CCW but stopped since most places in my state are no carry with consequences if you do. Also if someone is right next to you the seconds it takes to fumble it out of your holster while bucked in you’ll probably get killed.

Keep it in a lockbox? Hold on robber while I get out, get under my seat, unlock this bin, and shoot you.

Pepper spray in the door bin.

SilverSahara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I've seen a thread on here a while back where a couple people had mounted their holsters under the dash so it is possible. I can't remember where, but it's here somewhere.

Sponsored

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
It’s always on me! If I have to go in to a place where it’s not allowed, my wife will have it, or she’ll go in and I’ll have hers.

NYJeepFan

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Best place for the pistol is on the body. Maybe a mount for shotgun in the back.

Here in NYS if somebody steals your pistol, you are in way more trouble than they would be.
These NY laws kill me, its even worse down here in Southern Westchester I am in Yonkers. It's crazy the only people carrying are the criminals !

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
Trunk, console, waistband, shoulder harness, and glove box. If I am going farther than a few blocks I also pocket carry an LCP backup to my backups backup. Never can be too careful, crazies out there, you know?

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Bought an alien holster that I can attach and detach as needed. Built it into the console.

But as others have said- my P365 is on my person. Better that way.
My P365 rides in a Vedder LightTuck.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I keep mine in the console or in my pocket at all times. Obviously you want to be able to get to it fast in an emergency.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
It has been my EDC since this past March. It’s been running flawlessly for the past 3,600 rounds. I carry it with the 12 round mag.
Not meaning to hijack this thread- sorry.

But yes, I still like my 320, but the 365 is a bit easier to carry.

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
I installed a permanently attached holster with a double mag carrier molle'd to the front inside the glove box. Very easy and quick access from the driving position (much easier than leaving it in a 5 o'clock IWB). I still typically have an XDS45 in pocket or AIWB, but the FNX45 is still much easier to gain access to while seated.

When leaving the vehicle overnight or in a shady area, the pistol goes in to a lock box cable tied to the tub in the under-deck storage area.

NENn5wHl.jpg

w7SaHWbl.jpg

It cost $30, and its very secure (from vehicle motion). MUCH better than just laying it on top of the manual inside the glove box.

The FNX45 with a mounted TLR-1 and pocket XDS45 is my preferred urban carry combo. In rural areas the holster still works great with a light mounted glock 20.

With the doors off.....the pistol is on my person always. I don't trust someone not just snatch and grabbing whatever is in the glove box in stopped traffic. Definitely never leave the pistol in there unattended with the doors off, cheap plastic glove box lock engaged or not.

oDz2zWAl.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: