Where to find Jeep trails?

captain kilroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT sport s
Occupation
contract welder
Where do you guys look to find trails. Not badge trails, just fun trails to explore. I have used off road trails. Just wondering if there are other ways to find trails that aren't four wheeler or side by side trails. Not looking for any crazy trails. Not looking to push my gladiator to the limits just have fun and sight see. moslty looking for some good trails in arkansas and oklahoma. I live in east texas.
Sponsored

Atticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Commercial construction manager
GAIA GPS maps. App
Can scroll map to find
Or search local trails by name
And record your tracks
Jeep Gladiator Where to find Jeep trails? 2E2F66EC-6A0F-4864-A677-94956DAA3112

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Where do you guys look to find trails. Not badge trails, just fun trails to explore. I have used off road trails. Just wondering if there are other ways to find trails that aren't four wheeler or side by side trails. Not looking for any crazy trails. Not looking to push my gladiator to the limits just have fun and sight see. moslty looking for some good trails in arkansas and oklahoma. I live in east texas.
Also with Gaia you can find pubic trails.
Ramblr is another great app.
On Google maps look for squiggly road lines.
Join a local Facebook Jeep or off-roading group and ask.

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
I tried the Jeep sponsored app: onX Off Road free trial...Honestly, I didn't get any value from it because it is very hard to decipher and they can't find any trails in NJ...Contrary to popular belief, there are an ton of trails in NJ, mostly in the Pine Barons which is basically the entire southern half of NJ...I give them a "pass" on this because I never knew so many were there either until started talking to off-roaders here since I got my Mojave.

Only issue with these trails they are mostly all of the same type, fire-trails of sorts, plenty of puddles/mud, some jeepy type challenges. Perfect for a newbie to off roading like me, but I hope to get out west some day especially into some desert.

Still, the NJ trails are fun and i am grateful they are here.

Sponsored

DavidBT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, 2005 TJ Rubicon
Occupation
Happily Retired
I do alot of searches with Google maps of the area that I want to explore. I also use onx trails, jury's still out on that. Fortunately I'm pretty good with directions and can remember how to get back out. Always start off with a full tank though. Made a great decision and moved to South East Arizona and I have a lot of areas to explore.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
All Trails. The driver interface is better imo than the pure offroad apps, and you can use it for good hiking info too.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
AllTrails does a good job. You can search/sort/filter by activity. Hiking, biking, Jeep/driving, etc

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
I tried the Jeep sponsored app: onX Off Road free trial...Honestly, I didn't get any value from it because it is very hard to decipher and they can't find any trails in NJ...Contrary to popular belief, there are an ton of trails in NJ, mostly in the Pine Barons which is basically the entire southern half of NJ...I give them a "pass" on this because I never knew so many were there either until started talking to off-roaders here since I got my Mojave.

Only issue with these trails they are mostly all of the same type, fire-trails of sorts, plenty of puddles/mud, some jeepy type challenges. Perfect for a newbie to off roading like me, but I hope to get out west some day especially into some desert.

Still, the NJ trails are fun and i am grateful they are here.
Jersey turnpike? 😂

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
The list of BCDR’s is growing. I’m planning to do the mid-Atlantic a little later this year. Some areas may not be suitable for Jeeps and some may not be very technical, but still worth looking into.
https://ridebdr.com/
Sponsored