Sponsored

Where to wire switch? No factory AUX switch package.

paulsoncall

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I’m mounting an ARB compressor under the hood and want to keep the switch next to the compressor. I do not have the factory AUX switch package or else I’d tap right into that. Where would you recommend I connect the power to the switch so that the compressor only comes on when the vehicle is on accessory or run? Is there something I can tap into under the hood? Thanks!
Sponsored

Jackpaul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
I’m mounting an ARB compressor under the hood and want to keep the switch next to the compressor. I do not have the factory AUX switch package or else I’d tap right into that. Where would you recommend I connect the power to the switch so that the compressor only comes on when the vehicle is on accessory or run? Is there something I can tap into under the hood?

I am mounting a single ARB compressor under the hood this weekend. I have a metal single rocker bracket that I am mounting to one of the bolts to secure the pump then just a single power wire with fuse to the battery…pretty much everything except the rocker bracket came with the pump.

OP
OP
paulsoncall

paulsoncall

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I’m mounting an ARB compressor under the hood and want to keep the switch next to the compressor. I do not have the factory AUX switch package or else I’d tap right into that. Where would you recommend I connect the power to the switch so that the compressor only comes on when the vehicle is on accessory or run? Is there something I can tap into under the hood?

I am mounting a single ARB compressor under the hood this weekend. I have a metal single rocker bracket that I am mounting to one of the bolts to secure the pump then just a single power wire with fuse to the battery…pretty much everything except the rocker bracket came with the pump.
Are you mounting the power for the switch to the battery as well?

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
I put in a switch panel to run my lights that's only on with ACC/Run.

I did this by putting in an "Add a Circuit" (search AMZN for 'micro add a circuit') in the 12V plug circuit in the fuse box (#51 or something).

Depending on the amps needed for the compressor, this might be a way to go.

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
IF I remember it right, battery to fuse, fuse to relay, relay to switch. No other power source needed.

Disclaimer, not an electrician, not an automotive wiring Guru, just another self wrencher.

Jackpaul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
IF I remember it right, battery to fuse, fuse to relay, relay to switch. No other power source needed.

Disclaimer, not an electrician, not an automotive wiring Guru, just another self wrencher.
yup

Jackpaul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
I’m mounting an ARB compressor under the hood and want to keep the switch next to the compressor. I do not have the factory AUX switch package or else I’d tap right into that. Where would you recommend I connect the power to the switch so that the compressor only comes on when the vehicle is on accessory or run? Is there something I can tap into under the hood? Thanks!
How did this go for you? Mine was super straight forward, however, after bumping it on accidentally once I ended up tapping the cigar lighter for power with ignition. Thanks MPMB :)

OP
OP
paulsoncall

paulsoncall

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I’m waiting for my mount. Should be here on Friday. Will let you know.

Sponsored

OP
OP
paulsoncall

paulsoncall

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Finally got mine done. I ended up using a fuse tap for the switch and hooked it into the cigar lighter fuse. Stripped out all of the unnecessary wiring that was there for the lockers and it made the cabling a lot more manageable. I’m happy with it.
Jeep Gladiator Where to wire switch? No factory AUX switch package. 72ECC0C1-DF98-4758-BC1E-D7077806883A
Jeep Gladiator Where to wire switch? No factory AUX switch package. D3165FEC-42FF-48AB-8ED2-E9EB1190DA82

Jackpaul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Finally got mine done. I ended up using a fuse tap for the switch and hooked it into the cigar lighter fuse. Stripped out all of the unnecessary wiring that was there for the lockers and it made the cabling a lot more manageable. I’m happy with it.
Jeep Gladiator Where to wire switch? No factory AUX switch package. D3165FEC-42FF-48AB-8ED2-E9EB1190DA82
Looks great!!
Sponsored