Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I am planning on going to see the Gladiator at the Detroit Auto Show. But I was wondering where else it will show up. I would travel a good distance to see one if I could find something else in the area to do.
Sponsored

K enny

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I am hoping it comes to Kansas City in March, close enough for me to go to. Since it has been announced/shown in LA dose it make sense that they would take it to all of the upcoming shows?

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
I'm hoping for either Boston, Worcester or Providence. The JL was at Boston last year for sure, so I would think that the JT will appear too.

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Really hoping it will be in Toronto in February. The had a bunch of JLs last year there. But I also think the JL had started hitting showrooms at that time.

K enny

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
So the Dallas TX show was this weekend, did anyone go and was the Gladiator there?

Sponsored

Warbirds

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beater trucks and fast motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
So the Dallas TX show was this weekend, did anyone go and was the Gladiator there?
The Ft Worth show was this weekend. I emailed several dealers and none of them responded that the Gladiator would be there. So I didnt go to the show.

mfran12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport
I want to know if it’s coming to the northeast. Hopefully someone will be able to keep us updated where it will be.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
The Ft Worth show was this weekend. I emailed several dealers and none of them responded that the Gladiator would be there. So I didnt go to the show.
I went knowing the JT wasn't going to be there (a Jeep/Ram dealer friend) confirmed it was not there on Thursday. I had previously signed up for the Ranger Drive event, so I still went to the show. The Ranger test drive was like following through on a date with someone you already know isn't a good fit for you, lol. I'll say that comparing the Ranger interior to the JL interior is two different ball parks. The Ranger is nice and all but it just really feels like another mid-size truck, heck I prefer the Tacoma Crew Off Road interior and ride (6' bed) over the Ranger. The leather seat felt just like my 200k mile Tahoe as it was so cushy. The ride was solid and the turbo 4 put out plenty of power and torque for what I did. The death knell, and mentally I'd already decided, was the back seat. Too small and lacking innovation. The back seat does not lay flat, limited storage under the seat, and while comfortable enough still felt undersized for a larger adult. I am 6', 205" and had plenty of front leg room, however, once I put the seat in my normal position and climbed in the back seat, only a person under 5' would be able to sit behind me without their knees hitting the back seat. My complaints about the back seat design reflects the problem when you take a globally developed (non-U.S market) truck that has been out since 2011, change a few things, and rebadge it. The Ranger does not have some of neat engineering ideas pertaining to rear seat functionality, cargo room, and bed layout that have been developed over the last five years. It would be as if Jeep had taken a JK (not JL), slapped a bed on it, and called it a day when designing the JT. Thankfully, Jeep engineered the Gladiator using the JL mated to it's own frame and chassis, in addition to the many other engineering differences specific to each model. All the neat engineering R&D from the JL design is in the JT. Heck, the worst part is Ford took away the diesel motor to bring it here. That might have been the worst of their decisions. A Ranger XLT 4x4 with a crewcab 5' bed or supercab with 6' bed and a diesel for 37k would have sold based on some of the complaints here, lol.

After the test drive, I got into a JL and it was like night and day. Yes, the JL is narrow and I have to duck a bit to get in the front seat, but once situated, the seats are made for four adults and offer plenty of support. Regarding the back seat, I wish they could have taken an inch from the legroom to allow another inch of recline to the back seat. The JL test drive I did was so much more pleasurable as far as feeling connected to the vehicle and the road.

As a side note, I explained the Tread Lightly "Affiliate" program with the new dealership owner. He is coming over from being a GM at a Chevrolet dealer, so he hadn't heard of it. I sent him some forum links and tried to point out the benefits (quick sales to educated buyers) of special pricing for forum members. Hoping to get us all under invoice pricing. I'll let Jay know if something happens.

MTH

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ, JKUR, JK Chief
Occupation
Professional Wiffleball Player
There's one on display in Toledo. They get mad when you go inside the fence and look at it though. I was just there this weekend.

Sucks you can't even park near the big Jeep logo and take pictures of it.

OP
OP
Troybilt

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
There's one on display in Toledo. They get mad when you go inside the fence and look at it though. I was just there this weekend.

Sucks you can't even park near the big Jeep logo and take pictures of it.
Great. Now I have to drive an hour to go see it. Thanks a lot.

Sponsored

Nice JK

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JK
Occupation
Production Scheduling Manager
I'm hoping there will be one at the Chicago show in February.

MTH

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ, JKUR, JK Chief
Occupation
Professional Wiffleball Player
Orange Rubicon at Toledo. Only picture I had without my kids in it. You can see how the display is inside the perimeter fence. I parked on the side of the delivery driveway. I didn't get much closer as the security guy was coming for us.

IMG_1840.JPG
Sponsored