Which bed cover do you guys recommend?

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
Leaning between the tri fold from mopar, extang trifecta 2.0, bestop. Or what do you guys recommend
Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I really like my rugged ridge armis line-x folding cover. you can put stuff on the line-x without worrying about scratching the tonneau cover, and the line-x always looks good when washed. The folding cover is also good security for your gear.

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
I recommend a cloth cover- vinyl looks like crap imo. Other than that all the budget tonneau covers are pretty much the same. I have a cheap tri fold just to have on until I get a cap, and it does the job. I’d spend a little more if you wanted it to last more than a few years, though.

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
I have had the Upper Decker, Odero tri fold, and now have the Armis Hard rolling tonneau...the Armis is my favorite. Everything feels secure in the bed, it was a relatively quick install if you can figure out their janky directions, and when I haul bigger items, I can still use the rear windows to look out of since the rolled up portion sits lower than the seats. With the tri-fold it would essentially cover up the entire rear window whenever I needed to carry large items.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU

Sponsored

NC Gator

First Name
Yaumin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Gator Green
Occupation
USMC Academics
Vehicle Showcase
I prefer Roll-Up.
Jeep Gladiator Which bed cover do you guys recommend? Mopar Tonneau

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I prefer the hard roll up type covers myself. In the twill cloth. My rugged ridge just arrived today and I will be installing it this evening. I like that the entire cover can be removed in seconds or just rolled up and not block the rear window at all while being hard it makes for better security. Keep in mind however there is no bed cover or anything else that will prevent access to the bed if someone is determined to get in it. But at least I feel it makes a little more difficult to gain access.

Dcoins

First Name
Donald Coins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I looked around for a long time and ended up purchasing the Truck Cover USA American Roll Cover. Personally I think it’s the best looking cover out there. It’s low profile and won’t deteriorate after time like a vinyl or canvas top will.

Jeep Gladiator Which bed cover do you guys recommend? 5193A1F4-831D-4C05-B66A-F78008C77B2B

Jeep Gladiator Which bed cover do you guys recommend? 36B4C468-5CE8-4238-976E-894B182A3024

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
I looked around for a long time and ended up purchasing the Truck Cover USA American Roll Cover. Personally I think it’s the best looking cover out there. It’s low profile and won’t deteriorate after time like a vinyl or canvas top will.

5193A1F4-831D-4C05-B66A-F78008C77B2B.jpeg

36B4C468-5CE8-4238-976E-894B182A3024.jpeg
That is a very nice looking cover. But $2,000 bucks is crazy

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Dcoins definitely has a nice top there but man they are pricey. Best in probably every way except price, but in most cases you get what you pay for. I just don’t usually keep a truck long enough to make spending the extra money worth it to me and they don’t allow enough in trade value for something that nice.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
I mostly just need one for vacations to cover luggage. Anyone with soft top ones go through touch free car washes

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I mostly just need one for vacations to cover luggage. Anyone with soft top ones go through touch free car washes
i have read a few posts on here of people with the mopar soft roll up that came stock and they said it keeps cargo dry for the most part with only a few leaks near the edges of the cover. So pretty sure your stuff would be safe from rain and car washes for the most part.

Ozarkgolfer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland/BMW X2
Occupation
International Logistics
I have the Gator cover on mine - it's made by Extang and badged Gator - have not run it through a car wash but have power washed it numerous times. without a problem. I've even used Meguiars hybrid ceramic products on it and it beads like crazy. I paid ~$205 shipped for mine a couple months back but the current price of $269 still isn't bad. I also installed a bedrug at the same time - love it.

IMG_1415.jpeg

Bedeviler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Went with the Rough Country hard tri-fold. Good price and does a great job keeping water out. Packet it with skis and bags for 4 adults and 2 kids over Spring Break trip to Colorado. No matter what you go with if you need to use the existing tapped holes and you have a spray in liner I recommend getting a tap and chasing the threads.
Jeep Gladiator Which bed cover do you guys recommend? 1
Jeep Gladiator Which bed cover do you guys recommend? 2
Jeep Gladiator Which bed cover do you guys recommend? 3

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so I worked on the tonneau cover last night and I have to say the Rugged Ridge Armis hard rolling cover is definitely not a made for Jeep product. As some of you may have seen from Tri-Jab’s post there is a taper from front to rear which in our Gladiators results in a gap between the cover and the top of the bedside rail. They do give you a gasket to seal this gap but this cover would be so much better if it was actually designed for our trucks. I am thinking on this and considering returning it. Once I have time this weekend I am going to try working out a solution to close up the gap. For now, buyer beware on this one. Oh and Rugged Ridge support basically said, Yes we know about the gap, it looks like everyone else’s and it is as designed. So, don’t expect any help from that side. No wonder they have no installation videos or details out there. I am working on a YouTube installation video that will highlight this issue so people can decide for themself if this is the right cover for them.
Sponsored