Sponsored

Which is better?: Mojave suspension or Clayton 2.5" lift w/Falcon 3.3 shocks?

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
For overlanding purposes with 35" tires, should I buy a Mojave or a Sport and add the Clayton lift with great shocks? Which has overall higher quality components, beefier control arms, track bar, etc.? Mojave supposed to provide great ride with awesome looking shocks, but could I get a great ride with beefier components from the Clayton combined with Falcon adjustable shocks?
Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I believe the control arms are all the same on every JT. Sport to Rubicon and Mojave. Rubcion and Mojave are the same, and believe this applies to all. Rubicon may be a little bit different length to account for the added height, by a diff part number, but it's the same arm and bushings otherwise.

There's nothing particularly special about the Mojave arms, so I would say yes the Clayton are far stronger.

You should be able to buy the Mojave and swap just the arms from Clayton, keeping stock height for the Mojave shocks but having even stronger arms.

Last edited:

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
For overlanding purposes with 35" tires, should I buy a Mojave or a Sport and add the Clayton lift with great shocks? Which has overall higher quality components, beefier control arms, track bar, etc.? Mojave supposed to provide great ride with awesome looking shocks, but could I get a great ride with beefier components from the Clayton combined with Falcon adjustable shocks?
It depends on how much weight you plan on carrying. I have the exact setup you mention in your title in this thread = see post #26

Even with all the weight and shocks set on "soft" shaft and "soft" dial 1 it's still a very supportive ride on the street with minimal body roll.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
It really all depends on what you're planning to do with the vehicle or even what look you're going for! If you think you need more height, one of our lift kits would definitely get the job done and keep your vehicle riding smoothly. If you think you just want to add some beefier/stronger components like our control arms and track bars than that's definitely a route you can go as well!

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Based on what I’ve seen with squatting Mojave’s set up for long range camping, I’d expect the Clayton to work better
I love my Mojave, but I agree that I think Clayton might be better for your purpose. You could always buy a Mojave for the thicker axle and reinforced chassis, get Clayton arms, shocks, etc and then shock extensions for the Mojave shocks, if you really wanted to. For your purpose, sounds like you can save money going the other way though.
Sponsored