Which leveling kit setup? Daystar/skyjacker/alloy

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
Some of you guys have posted your leveling setups and the popular choice I have seen is the 2" daystar upfront and .75 alloy usa in the rear...I was at jeepfest here in Orlando and liked what skyjacker had to say as well.....which setup should I go with for my 35's?? How do you guys like the daystar/alloy setup? How does it ride? What's your feedback? Or should I go full mopar....but thoughts were if I was gonna do that I'd wait to see what teraflex had to offer and the rest....skyjacker also had a full setup ....a lot cheap than the mopar....what's there rep? Give me the answers !
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
The 2” Daystar kit is a “complete” spacer lift and does not need to be combined with anything else. It comes with front and rear spacers (2” front/1.5” rear), shock spacers, and longer front arms. For the money, it’s hard to beat as a first lift option. I went this route because I know that more companies will be producing some great products in the next year, and I didn’t want to regret an early purchase as I did with my first JK. Having only paid $300 for the Daystar kit, I won’t be out much when I remove it and go with something better. Skyjacker doesn’t have a great reputation in the Wrangler world. They aren’t as focused or advanced as say Teraflex, EVO, or Metal Cloak. That said, for street or light trail use, Skyjacker would be fine.

OP
OP
Yellow1098

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome info....thank you so much! Where did you buy your daystar kit from?

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Awesome info....thank you so much! Where did you buy your daystar kit from?
Dude. You have been going back and forth on 35s and 37s and spacer lifts and suspension lifts. Enough already! Just make a decision. You are driving yourself crazy. This is what they call analysis paralysis. Pick one and go for it. And then post lots of pictures and give us your review.

Sponsored

blkglad8tr

First Name
miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Dude. You have been going back and forth on 35s and 37s and spacer lifts and suspension lifts. Enough already! Just make a decision. You are driving yourself crazy. This is what they call analysis paralysis. Pick one and go for it. And then post lots of pictures and give us your review.
lol you beat me to it

OP
OP
Yellow1098

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got the 35's ....now I can bother you guys for a few more weeks about which lift to go with hahaha

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I did alloy usa 1.5” front and daystar 3/4” rear. Maintained the factory ride and fit 35’s after grinding down the euro fender pieces.

Ive since taken the 35’s off because i felt like they negatively impacted performance with very little gain. Ill be getting 33’s and putting them on stock rims.

Topless picture is pre lift

B70BC133-99F2-484F-8BDC-5AE591E994C9.jpeg

6D4427C9-3D60-4459-8137-0A5C483C3A7E.jpeg

5010F966-ED44-47E8-AB51-8B9097F5E0D7.jpeg

OP
OP
Yellow1098

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you very much for the info......what was the negative impact you mentioned?

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you very much for the info......what was the negative impact you mentioned?
It’s entirely subjective info, no verified data to back it up.

I felt like i lost acceleration and breaking distance. Additionally when you up tire size you change the ratio of torque transferred to the road and ultimately decrease towing ability. I intend to tow a trailer and really dont want to be gear searching and barely able to keep up on the highway.

After some research I (literally just me) think that 33’s are the best of both worlds. Ill get the tire look i want and still have the power for towing closer to max load.

The only real data i have is i was averaging 17-18mpg with 35’s and very conservative driving. Now im getting 19-21 with the stock tires and more “regular” driving.

Im going to 285/70/17 on stock rims. I hate the stock rims but its the least expensive option for now.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Yellow1098

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you so much for your insight....do you have the maxtow package on your truck?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
It’s entirely subjective info, no verified data to back it up.

I felt like i lost acceleration and breaking distance. Additionally when you up tire size you change the ratio of torque transferred to the road and ultimately decrease towing ability. I intend to tow a trailer and really dont want to be gear searching and barely able to keep up on the highway.

After some research I (literally just me) think that 33’s are the best of both worlds. Ill get the tire look i want and still have the power for towing closer to max load.

The only real data i have is i was averaging 17-18mpg with 35’s and very conservative driving. Now im getting 19-21 with the stock tires and more “regular” driving.

Im going to 285/70/17 on stock rims. I hate the stock rims but its the least expensive option for now.
Did you get the speedo calibration redone when you went to 35's? Yours is the first big negative complaint I have seen of going to 35's.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get the speedo calibration redone when you went to 35's? Yours is the first big negative complaint I have seen of going to 35's.
Sport S w/max tow (4.10 gears)

I reprogramed it with the super chips programmer. I ran 200 or so miles before getting the programmer. Before programmer the JT was gear searching on the highway, would drop back to 5th or 6th with the slightest incline. I averaged 14mpg.

After the programmer it was a little better, but it still seemed to gear search. Id drop into 6th with any incline and would rarely touch 8th. I averaged a little better after programming, getting 17-18mpg.

Theres a good chance it’s because of the rim/tire combo i have. Theyre steel rims @ 42lbs each, and the tires are 77lbs each. So they’re significantly heavier than a lot of other folks setups.

Im still learning as I go so remember this is still subjective. Im by no means a subject matter expert lol

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
42 lbs a wheel is very heavy if you aren't running beablocks. plenty of 17s under 30lbs per corner. that will help alot

Gene26

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepgladiatorforum.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator Launch Edition 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 Ram Rebel
Vehicle Showcase
I did the rough country level kit on the Dadiator and it looks great and rides great now that I have lowered my tire pressure to 37. Thinking about 35's debating between KO2's and Ridge grapplers? Any thoughts or better suggestions
Sponsored