Which Shocks for an EVO 4.5 lift?

Sublime

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gecko Green 2021 Sport S
May have a chance to purchase some EVO Coils 4.5" lift from possibly 2 people. Both come with Fox Shocks however 1 set of shocks is for 3.5-4" lifts. The other is for 4.5-6.5 lift. Is one better than the other or overall the same since it is a 4.5 lift.

FWIW not going to be a major rock crawler. Will mostly be my DD.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
They will probably both be fine for DD use. The 3.5-4" shocks will definitely be a restriction on articulation for those springs. The rears give 4.5" of lift, the front is more like 6".

OP
OP
Sublime

Sublime

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gecko Green 2021 Sport S
They will probably both be fine for DD use. The 3.5-4" shocks will definitely be a restriction on articulation for those springs. The rears give 4.5" of lift, the front is more like 6".
So I may not get the full height of the lift. The deal is $600 for the following
Springs
Shocks
Front brake extensions
Front and rear sway bar links
Rear track bar bracket
Bump stops
Evo lvling kit.

The other seller is $650 for
Shocks 4.5-6.5
Springs
Front sway links - unsure of brand
RC drop brackets

I'm getting more for the first option but shorted shocks. Maybe i sell shocks and try to find the correct ones. Still need a lot of other items to complete by I can do that little at a time.

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Yea the 1st deal is better IMO. The shocks won't lessen your lift, they will just restrict your down travel. I had those springs with a frankenlift and was extremely happy with the height and appearance. The ride wasn't good until I installed drop brackets, rear track bar bracket and drag link flip kit.

Sponsored

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I'm getting the EVO 4.5" lift installed next week and went with the Fox 2.0 4.5-6" shocks. Seeing as most people are getting more than 4.5" of lift with the lift kit, I decided to get the longer ones.

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Synergy drag link flip kit with a Metalcloak drag link. You won't be able to use the stock drag link.
Sponsored