Which wheels

• Total voters

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
Hey Guys,

looking for some advice/opinions. I really want a rim that I can take the rash/bead lock off so I can paint it. My plan is to do the rings Sting Gray.

I think I have narrowed it down to three choices; one choice doesn’t have a removable ring, but is waaaay cheaper. That rim would stay as is.

Dirty Life DT-1 in black @ $473.00 ea free shipping

Mopar Off-road wheels @ $327.00 ea plus $325 shipping

DV8 886 in bronze NON removable ring. @ $245 ea free shipping. These will stay as is.

I was really hoping to go with the AEV Borahs, but my budget is $2000 :( maybe @Northridge4x4 will help a guy out 😬

I also have a 2” AEV spacer lift waiting to go on.
Jeep Gladiator Which wheels would you pick? E305A48E-76C8-4F9A-9463-1B18D42C841B

Jeep Gladiator Which wheels would you pick? 6557016F-C34D-491E-8264-9F92187CA6F0

Jeep Gladiator Which wheels would you pick? FFFE99D6-304B-43A4-978A-F0EA645CF824

Jeep Gladiator Which wheels would you pick? 7327E6A9-EFD0-414E-8593-C083C880CA2B
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jerhemi

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
I voted for DV8 as my wife chose them. She doesn’t know the cost, so it is unbiased haha

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
I voted the Mopar wheels, just because I like the look the most.
Could you ship them to a dealer for free maybe?

drewcnit

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Bright White
Occupation
IT Geek and Data Nerd
I voted for the Dirty Life, because I liked them best then I saw the price. They'd be a no from me at that price. Still think they would look the best with your plans for the ring.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
I voted mopar but would suggest rugged ridge. They have a wheel with a removable rock/rash trim

I ran them on my JKUR and they were great.

Sponsored

Jimmymer

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Altitude, Ford Edge
black looks great with your Jeep color.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Black will look the best with your color, bronze doesn’t really match

chadinsc

First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 jku rubicon
Occupation
manufacturing
i went mopar because i think it will match your rig the best. not biased to anyone brand and its not my money so i didn’t even add up the cost.

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
Hard to vote without knowing offset and backspacing...I would want to know how they will fit on the Jeep. Are you looking for a lot of poke or do you want to keep it OEM looking and put the tire inside the wheel well?
I looked at a lot of wheels but when it came to finding the right offset it wound up eliminating many of the wheels I liked.

Sponsored

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tahoe
I went with the Mopar. Not a fan of black wheels in general and not to sure the bronze would look good with the grey. Just changed my WIllys wheels for a gun metal grey wheel and very happy wiht how it turned out. Good Luck on whatever you choose!

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
i voted mopar because both the dirty life and dv8 wheels look to be simulated beadlocks, and i despise simulated beadlocks. I'm not a huge fan of the beadlock look to begin with to be honest, but if the look is there, the function better be there too.

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2018 JLUR, 2016 JKRHR, 2022 MK8 GTI
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cube Monkey
i voted mopar because both the dirty life and dv8 wheels look to be simulated beadlocks, and i despise simulated beadlocks. I'm not a huge fan of the beadlock look to begin with to be honest, but if the look is there, the function better be there too.
The Dirty Life DT wheels are dual mountable. You can mount the tire traditionally with the removeable plastic bash ring or as a true beadlock with the available ring.

It's an excellent wheel. I've been running it on my JKU since they first came out. The plastic bash ring has taken some abuse but at least the outer edge of the wheel hasn't been chewed up and cracked like what happened with my AEV Pintlers. I have the Beadlock rings for it but just have been too lazy to change the configuration.
Sponsored