Weberg

First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Hello,

I bought a 2021 gladiator sport last year and since then I have put 36k miles on it. At about 15k miles I noticed a slight whistle/whining noise coming from down by the brakes and front axle. This noise only occurs when going 20 mph or faster and is very noticeable at 35 to 40. I have replaced the FAD bushing but nothing changed. It wasn’t till recently that I tried engaging the ebrake while driving and it changed the pitch of the whistle/whine. When I took it to a dealer they couldn’t find the noise and ended up telling me that it was the tires. If anyone has ideas or experienced the problem themselves I would appreciate the input.
Sponsored

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
Well, this is going to sound a little crazy, but since you mention that it changes with application of the e-brake ....

I had a whining noise that would get really loud at certain speeds. It ended up being a resonance of the e-brake bracket & cables. Try un-bolting the e-brake cable bracket from the rear differential and temporarily isolating it with some foam or rags.

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
What tune does it whistle?

OP
OP

Weberg

First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Well, this is going to sound a little crazy, but since you mention that it changes with application of the e-brake ....

I had a whining noise that would get really loud at certain speeds. It ended up being a resonance of the e-brake bracket & cables. Try un-bolting the e-brake cable bracket from the rear differential and temporarily isolating it with some foam or rags.
Temporarily isolating the bracket with foam quieted it down for at first but it didn’t solve the issue. I tried loosening the drums all the way back and tightening the ebrake handle but that didn’t change anything.

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
I also added rubber 'dampeners' to the cables. One near each end (orange arrows), made from 1" thick rubber, and attached with heavy duty Ty-Raps, and also where the cables contact the center section (green arrow):

Jeep Gladiator Whistle noise over 20 mph 1682866467135
Sponsored