White Knuckle Sliders

Oneshotlucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Ops Manager
Who’s got’em!? Can they take a good smack? Do they fit without taking off stock rocker guards? $1500 is okay I guess? Wonder if they do a Veterans Discount?! I do think I might get a set unless someone here can convince me of a less expensive option that will work as good???
Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I have a set to be delivered on the 26th. They fit with the Rubi rail. A lot of my Power Wagon buddies have them. I've seen those guys drop a 8,000 lb truck 5ft down on a rock without damage. The build quality is there. Mine are coming bare metal so that I can get them Line-Xed.

OP
OP
Oneshotlucky

Oneshotlucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Ops Manager
I have a set to be delivered on the 26th. They fit with the Rubi rail. A lot of my Power Wagon buddies have them. I've seen those guys drop a 8,000 lb truck 5ft down on a rock without damage. The build quality is there. Mine are coming bare metal so that I can get them Line-Xed.
Thanks for the reply! That’s good news!!!

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Don’t have, but want.

My last rig was an Xterra and everyone I knew who had them, loved them.
The Power Wagon guys love them.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Just a thought or two…

I recommend painting with rattle can. The line-x will be grippy…not what you want. Secondly, it may rip trapping moisture. If you use a good rust preventative spray paint all you need for a touch up is the can and a piece of cardboard to shield the over spray.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Who’s got’em!? Can they take a good smack? Do they fit without taking off stock rocker guards? $1500 is okay I guess? Wonder if they do a Veterans Discount?! I do think I might get a set unless someone here can convince me of a less expensive option that will work as good???
I believe they have both options…use with Rubi rail and one with it removed for higher clearance.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Just a thought or two…

I recommend painting with rattle can. The line-x will be grippy…not what you want. Secondly, it may rip trapping moisture. If you use a good rust preventative spray paint all you need for a touch up is the can and a piece of cardboard to shield the over spray.
I had the rails on my Power Wagon Line-Xed years ago. I always touched them up after each trip. It held up pretty good.

Sponsored

OffAxis2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
25th. Anniversary Ducati Monster 1200 #188/500
Occupation
Company car hauling truck driver 26 years 2024.
Currently have WKOR sliders on a 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro. Their powdercoat did not hold up well in Michigan weather (as expected). I’ll definitely be Line-Xing them on the Gladiator set, when I get them.

The non Rubicon Rail version DOES NOT hide the pinch seam, but do offer SLIGHTLY more clearance.
The Rubicon Rails with the sliders are a GREAT under door foot scuff protection, when stepping onto the slider.

I had Line-Xd All-Pro Offroad rock sliders on a 2012 Tundra and they looked as good as the day they were done 6 years later, but get the top coat sealant. That’s the trick.

Warning, they’re NO AT ALL GRIPPY in WINTER WEATHER, but what is?!?

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I just got mine back from being Line-Xed. Now i have to wait for the monsoon season to quit. I have some traction tape to put on the sliders where you step at.

IMG_3786.JPG

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional
Love the design and rear bump out, but not paying $300 for powder coating. Looking for other similar frame-mounted options.

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional