Sponsored

Who’s hauling dirtbikes?

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
So, my brother and I ordered a couple TW200’s for putting around some trails and general backyard fun.

Anyone else have one of these, or at least a bike similar in size? It says it’s just over 82” in length but I’m not sure if that counts the rear fender. I’m curious to how y’all haul your bikes.

P.S. I didn’t see a sub category for hauling stuff in the bed. Only trailering/towing.
Sponsored

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
I'm curious to see as well, as a 1st post lurker. I hope to soon be in the market for a Gladiator (going through a move first), and also have a TW that's my primary bike along with its forefather an old CT175. Nice to know there's someone else out there haha.

I just measured mine at about 74" wheel to wheel with the front tire turned to the side. So I'm curious to see how it fits at least diagonal, or ideally if both bikes will fit with the tailgate locked in the halfway up position.

OP
OP
Jeepnoob34

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I'm curious to see as well, as a 1st post lurker. I hope to soon be in the market for a Gladiator (going through a move first), and also have a TW that's my primary bike along with its forefather an old CT175. Nice to know there's someone else out there haha.

I just measured mine at about 74" wheel to wheel with the front tire turned to the side. So I'm curious to see how it fits at least diagonal, or ideally if both bikes will fit with the tailgate locked in the halfway up position.
Hmm. The bed itself is 60”, but with tailgate down it 80”. It just might fit with the wheel straight. I don’t think the tw’s dimensions have changed much over the years, so I’d think mine will be similar To yours. Thanks for the info!

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
No problem, I'd be curious to see some pictures when the bikes come in, and how they fit. Also if yours are the new black/grey color scheme.

OP
OP
Jeepnoob34

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
No problem, I'd be curious to see some pictures when the bikes come in, and how they fit. Also if yours are the new black/grey color scheme.
It’s supposed to be the black and grey for 2021. The demand is so high for them. I couldn’t find a used one in the my state. I’m guessing Covid has people looking to do more outdoor activities.
What year is yours? If you have the time, let me know the wheel length end to end. Curious to see if it’s more than the 80”.

Sponsored

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi Gladiator, Energica Ribelle, Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I have a BMW F800GS that I just hauled from Arizona to Texas. With the front tire hard up against the front of the bed and the tailgate down, the rear tire contact patch was about two inches from the end of the tailgate. I looked up the dimensions and it's about 90" long, so if yours is 82" it should fit easily.

OP
OP
Jeepnoob34

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I have a BMW F800GS that I just hauled from Arizona to Texas. With the front tire hard up against the front of the bed and the tailgate down, the rear tire contact patch was about two inches from the end of the tailgate. I looked up the dimensions and it's about 90" long, so if yours is 82" it should fit easily.
Nice, thank you sir.

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It’s supposed to be the black and grey for 2021. The demand is so high for them. I couldn’t find a used one in the my state. I’m guessing Covid has people looking to do more outdoor activities.
What year is yours? If you have the time, let me know the wheel length end to end. Curious to see if it’s more than the 80”.
For sure, definitely the same reason I bought mine new, especially if you can find a used one they seem to go for solid money. Really fun bike to tool around town with and jump offroad on a whim.

Mine is an '18, wheels straight end to end, I have right about 77". It's closer to the 82" if you include the tail light piece. I'm pretty sure the bike dimensions haven't changed during the it's run, so you should be close to that.

OP
OP
Jeepnoob34

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Thanks! Looks like I’ll have a few inches to spare at the end of the tailgate. Just have to shop for a ramp now lol.
For sure, definitely the same reason I bought mine new, especially if you can find a used one they seem to go for solid money. Really fun bike to tool around town with and jump offroad on a whim.

Mine is an '18, wheels straight end to end, I have right about 77". It's closer to the 82" if you include the tail light piece. I'm pretty sure the bike dimensions haven't changed during the it's run, so you should be close to that.
Sponsored