Sponsored

Who do you let DRIVE your Gladiator?

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland '14 JGC Summit '04 TJ Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
My wife wasn't a fan of me getting a Gladiator in the first place. Impracticable, ugly, expensive, yada, yada, yada. Obviously I won that battle! Shortly after the purchase I MADE her drive it to get used to it in the off chance she NEEDS to drive it someday. My bad because ever since then she's looking for excuses to drive it. And now she likes it even more because of the new big tires! Don't get me wrong, I love that she loves it, but it's still my baby.

So my question to you is who do YOU let drive your new baby, OR maybe even more importantly who will NEVER be given the keys?
Sponsored

JS2

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Bright White Soft Top, '15 Honda Odyssey, '97 Wrangler Sport (Retired 2010)
My wife loves to drive mine. She drove it two days last week.
She wanted me to get one after seeing them on the lots a few months back and knew how much I love Jeeps. We had a two door Wrangler when we first got married and have always regretted selling it. Now we have our "Jeep" again. This time it came with a truck bed and four doors to fit our two kids.

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
My wife; Obviously, it's our vehicle, however she claims that it is mine. I was in Boston for work about a week and a half ago and every morning, right on queue, I could check our Nest cameras and see her leaving for work and to drop the boys off at school. I, of course, harassed her about it, but she didn't even pretend to care. She looks for every reason to take it out just like I do!

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've let a lot of people drive it. Wife, all 3 of my teenage girls, a few of my friends...I'm not possessive of it and if it brings them joy then I'm all good. I routinely encourage my wife to take the Jeep and enjoy her trip to work.

I would only let a few people offroad it, however...thats experience based tho.

Sponsored

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
It is too new: no one!

Although I have promised my youngest son (18yo) that I'll let him drive down the street to the Diner if he's good! LOL

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
It is too new: no one!

Although I have promised my youngest son (18yo) that I'll let him drive down the street to the Diner if he's good! LOL
Diner... A little bit of nostalgia. I like it! So long as it's not one of those places that my millennial brother visits that serves bacon 42 ways and uses 24 different versions of locally sourced greens to make their omelettes. [ Google...Diners near me]

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Fiancé can drive it after I ride with her driving a few times to determine she won’t kill it (Manual transmission.)

The real question is when my order arrives and I have a truck again. When will my Dad call and ask to borrow it and how can I say no. Last time I let him borrow my truck I found meat and onions in the cup holder and half a steak and cheese that had fallen between the driver seat and center console. It was unwrapped and smeared into the carpet. I opened the door a couple days after he returned it and almost died.

BradWatson8541

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado to be traded for a JT
@Cape taco12 ya i definitely wouldn't let him take it after that. id flat tell him no, at least while it is new after awhile maybe but no food or drink in the car. My kids have a no food in the car rule after i found half eaten donuts in the back of my truck (they're the only ones that ride back there) and ants attracted to the spilled juice box and melted suckers. No food rule is in effect now lol.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Nobody drives mine. My youngest sister is the only one I would even trust behind the wheel.

OP
OP
JT614

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland '14 JGC Summit '04 TJ Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
I saw a video from @WXman where his young son was driving his Gladiator. Curious to learn more about that. What a cool dad!

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
With me in the Gladiator, pretty much anyone I know. My nephew, brother, and dad have all driven it.

Without me, my girlfriend takes it to work some days or on grocery runs. She has the second key and can take it whenever she wants. I travel for work, so it's there if she wants to change up what she drives.

Alaska-HWY JK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon LJ 2007 JKU 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Actually it’s Wifey’s Gladiator. I have a JK and LJ. She traded in her 2017 Rebel.