Sponsored

Who has a rolling tonneau cover that they love?

Rubinator919

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Have seen mixed reviews of both hard rolling and soft rolling with either poor fit, or wind flapping. Anyone happy with theirs?
Sponsored

sgtkersh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland; 1980 CJ5 Golden Eagle
I haven’t installed it yet, I am waiting until next weekend since my JT is getting Line-X on Wednesday, but I just bought the Bestop one. Pretty inexpensive and I have to believe the figment will be good.

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
Access cover since 2005 on everything with a box. Love them, look great. Just put the lorado on my JT. Simple light tough gets out of the way and leaves the box rails free to mount things if needed.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Have seen mixed reviews of both hard rolling and soft rolling with either poor fit, or wind flapping. Anyone happy with theirs?
My first one sagged badly between the bars - got it replaced (warranty/star case) and the new one is fine. Seems to do ok in wind, too.

I'm happy with it so far. Easy as heck to use, keeps water out really well, I like that I can open up only the back section to leave stuff sticking out.

My prior Access cover it was either clear back and sealed, or open all the way, no in between. I could not open it only a little.
It also let water in, so far this one does not - even after multiple car washes, I've not seen it let water in.

And it matches the "Jeep look" - not crisp and clean and plastic looking, but what you'd expect something for Jeep to look like, I bet it comes close to matching the essence of the soft top.

new-cover-2a.jpg
new-cover-3a.jpg

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I've had a wide variety of bed covers over the years from single piece tilt-up smooth, paint-matched fiberglass cover (on a Chevy Silverado) to separate removable panels (Chevy Avalanche) to Bak-Flip (on my first Raptor) and Roll-N-Lock retractable cover (on my current Gen2 Raptor) to the factory tonneau cover on my Gladiator.

I didn't choose the tonneau - it chose me - it came with my Launch Edition - and, while I never thought I'd like a tonneau cover, I love this thing. I love the way it looks - it fits the Gladiator's image (see ShadowPapas comments above), it works great - keeps stuff dry and secure, and it's easy to use / roll-up.

I hope this thing holds up and continues to function as it has and I can keep it for a long time

Sponsored

Lucky1

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator max tow - 2011 honda odyssey
Purchased the "access" brand roll up cover. Nothing bad to say about it yet. I do like it. No flapping from it. Haven't tried it thru the wash yet, but with a hand wash all was dry.

20191205_121515.jpg

20191205_121453.jpg

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
access covers will leak a little through the car washes and pressure washers, which imo is acceptable for any tonneau cover, expecting too much to think a tonneau will keep all water intrusion out, i don't notice any in there after rains or snow melts, just pressure washer leak by, with realistic expectations i think you'll enjoy the bomproof simple access covers, good choice, looks like you went with standard height model, a good thing for these shallow beds, let you clear a bit taller gear, with a bed mat and the lorado version i got, 17" is about max for me, my tool tote just fits under so i'm happy

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That's what I noticed wit my Access cover I had on my Chevy - water now and then. I liked it and I can't say I'd complain about it - but IMO there were two down-sides:
There was water in the bed now and then (and I ALWAYS ALWAYS washed the truck myself, never any automatic car washes, I don't like 'em) and I did have a little a couple of times after driving rains. But it was never bad or severe. I just never left anything in it that would get ruined - no luggage, nothing that would rust or rot. No big deal.
I also didn't like that it was an all or none cover - it had to be all the way back and secured, or all the way forward and secured.
That's what I'm looking forward to with the Jeep's cover - being able to have long boards and such sticking out above the tail gate but still not have to roll the cover all the way forward.

I know each is a matter of preference. Can't say one is "better" or "superior" - it's all in what a person prefers, wants, desires, expects, what their preferences will be, what they want for looks and appearances and more.

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
Update, just took my baby to the car wash bay last night. Barely a couple drops in there after a very thorough pressure washing. There's a couple little seals at the corner of the tailgates i suspect once time takes them out of my life i'll get some leak on those corners if i don't try to replace, probably what i noticed on my ram one. It let in a bit after five years i probably didn't notice when i lost those two little pieces of rubber. access cover lorado

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I’ve never had a bed cover on any truck before, but I just ordered an Access Literider for mine. Has good reviews, but I still expect slight leaking since it doesn’t use a full length seal at the cab. I have a bed liner that a seal probably won’t stick to also. I’ve decided if I have more than a little leakage while carrying luggage I’ll lay down a carpet mat or something to soak up water before it hits what I’m carrying. If it stops 95% of the weather I’ll be happy.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve never had a bed cover on any truck before, but I just ordered an Access Literider for mine. Has good reviews, but I still expect slight leaking since it doesn’t use a full length seal at the cab. I have a bed liner that a seal probably won’t stick to also. I’ve decided if I have more than a little leakage while carrying luggage I’ll lay down a carpet mat or something to soak up water before it hits what I’m carrying. If it stops 95% of the weather I’ll be happy.
It's real simple to keep luggage dry - 50 gallon garbage bags. Simple slide your stuff into bags. Cheap, easy, problem solved and the bags won't get wind-whipped under the cover. If anything at all does leak for any reason, you're covered. No one can see it under the cover so who cares what it looks like under there - but you care if your stuff is soaked when you get to a destination. I figure it may not leak, may have been dry for years - but that one time it's really important is when I'll be surprised.

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
I have the factory roll up cover and love it. I have had no leaking issues at all and no wind flap. Its not the tightest cover I have seen but it looks great and gets the job done. I went through an automated car wash Sunday and didn't have any water inside bed when I pulled over to vacuum.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have the factory roll up cover and love it. I have had no leaking issues at all and no wind flap. Its not the tightest cover I have seen but it looks great and gets the job done. I went through an automated car wash Sunday and didn't have any water inside bed when I pulled over to vacuum.
Vacuum? We're supposed to do that? Well that sucks.

Seriously, so far it's been just mud, snow, ice/water and salt. Nothing solid to vacuum - yet. That's coming next.

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
If i didn't need to mount something to my bed rails i'd likely have gone with factory one. My set up is pretty specific though, i stack a few inflatable paddle boards on roof, ratchet strap through back doors and then a simple cab high rack mid point of box and second ratchet strap. So can't have an antenna mounted center roof on a truck, or a tonneau that covers up the box sides. Will have new rack built soon, it will be quick detach this time, low profile bases will stay permanently mounted to bed rails. And my truck needs to remain low on overall height to fit in some parkades, 6'6" is my limit, this rig currently at 6'5" and so no roof racks allowed. ;)

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
I really don't have an issue with my OEM one. My only real comment is that when I rolled it back, I wish I could get it tighter to the cab. If I do that, the cross bar will hit the rear glass, so I have to intentionally leave it loose and strap it that way. Seems odd.

That said, I may end up unloading it in favor of something that I can use a rack with.
Sponsored