Sponsored

Who hasn't removed their door bolts yet, and why?

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
I take my doors off in the spring and leave them off until the fall. I lube the pins, etc when I take them off and when I put them back on.
I know some guys do not reinstall the door bolts, but I do. I figure the way the bolts install into the hinge support barrel, it does provide some lateral support. Takes about five minuets to put them all on if you are taking your time.

Sponsored

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
I have not removed doors or top yet. But, having owned two previous Wranglers, I'm pretty sure it will happen.

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
On my last Jeep, I went a pretty extended period of time without removing the doors again because I thought it would be a great idea to spray white lithium grease into the hinges before putting the doors back on.

While it did a great job of keeping everything moving, it was a giant mess. I kept thinking if I threw enough mud on the side of the rig and washed it off enough, it'd clean up. I was wrong.

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Why would anyone buy a JK/JT and not take the doors off or the roof?

Good grief...
If Toyota would sell the 79 in the US I wouldn't be here but they don't so this is as close as I'll get. The JT wasn't so much that I wanted it so much that it checked as many boxes as possible for me and if the truck was offered with a solid cab and a metal roof, I'd pick that option in a heartbeat.

That said, I do pop off roof panels from time to time but not so much a fan of open air with all the freeway driving I do. My hearing is fucked enough as it is and I'd rather my tinnitus doesn't get any worse.

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I HAVE removed them, but then put them back after putting the doors back on. Does that count? Or answer the question?

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I probably will once I get a set of half doors and swap those over for my summer doors. While I miss driving with the doors off in summer from my last JK I’ll probably never do it again.
Sponsored