Sponsored

who is getting the bluetooth speaker?

are you interested in the bluetooth speaker?

• Total voters

jeeprscreeprs

First Name
brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 cherokee
just curious who is thinking of getting the Bluetooth speaker. as much as I like the idea of it, it seems like a piece that won't last the life of the vehicle, can be easily stolen by jeep savvy thieves, and might not be as good sounding or function as Bluetooth speakers that are already on the market from audio companies. also any ideas as to what might be in the spot of the speaker for those that don't get it? I'm thinking it'll be a storage pouch or possibly the subwoofer location.
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
interested yes, going to spend $500, no Also i wanna hear it play. haven't seen a video of it play yet, makes me think its just a shell and will be done at launch.

I recently bought the Milwaukee M18 bluetooth speaker. its beefy, loud and i can swap out a battery if need be.

I'd be concerned the jeep one always charging would kill the battery. Also concerned it won't be loud enough.

Also, extra space behind the seat might be nice.

Kangarhew

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Cherokee
Nope, I have a few Bluetooth speakers already, don’t need another one, and I’m guessing this one will be way overpriced. I’m just hoping the cargo management group isn’t too much, it would be nice to have that outlet in the bed.

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
interested yes, going to spend $500, no Also i wanna hear it play. haven't seen a video of it play yet, makes me think its just a shell and will be done at launch.

I recently bought the Milwaukee M18 bluetooth speaker. its beefy, loud and i can swap out a battery if need be.

I'd be concerned the jeep one always charging would kill the battery. Also concerned it won't be loud enough.

Also, extra space behind the seat might be nice.

Interested Yes, I'm not paying $500.00 for it but I think it's a cool option. You don't have to worry about the battery being charged all the time. Pretty much anything worth the money will switch over to a trickle charge to maintain plus with batteries now you are better off not letting them go all the way down before you re-charge them. I don't think Jeep would take the time to build in this feature and then put out a crappy speaker, honestly I bet it's a known manufacturer the Jeep rebranded.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Interested Yes, I'm not paying $500.00 for it but I think it's a cool option. You don't have to worry about the battery being charged all the time. Pretty much anything worth the money will switch over to a trickle charge to maintain plus with batteries now you are better off not letting them go all the way down before you re-charge them. I don't think Jeep would take the time to build in this feature and then put out a crappy speaker, honestly I bet it's a known manufacturer the Jeep rebranded.
Not interested, I can pick up something better, cheaper I'm sure. The cost on that thing should be sub-$100 and at that point... it should just be a neat addition rather than a paid option.

Sponsored

jeepinjon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
I am not interested in paying for it. I think it should be included in the premium audio package.

Wireless technology is moving so fast that over the life of the Jeep it will be the first thing to be outdated/irrelevant.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
I assumed it would be part of a package so I wouldn't really have a choice, but if they're actually going to leave it separately optioned - heck no!

Don't get me wrong - I love the idea, but if they're optioning it alone, it's gonna be at least $195, which can buy me a bunch of good speakers I can throw away when they break.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
For those who don't order it, I wonder if there'll be unused wiring back there waiting for enterprising modders to tap in to??

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager

Sponsored

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
no already got a bigger blue tooth speaker even doubles as a kareoke machine not that i care about that bit

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Can't resist . . . perhaps the best question so far ! Of Course I'm gonna get the BlueTooth Speaker . . . but, for my iPad !
Well, and maybe this will be the final ultimate incentive to go ahead and order one of these damn trucks too . . . :cwl: ! It would also be nice to multitask with it . . . the speaker silly !

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler
I've got the Bose Soundlink mini. It is small and has great sound. The factory one will be just a cool trinket but I'm guessing the sound quality won't be as good as the top speakers from Bose or JBL.

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
I've got the Bose Soundlink mini. It is small and has great sound. The factory one will be just a cool trinket but I'm guessing the sound quality won't be as good as the top speakers from Bose or JBL.
I was actually thinking that the speaker that is in the JT will possibly be made by Beats, Alpine, or Harmon/Kardon we know FCA has had a a relationship with all of them and JEEP isn't making a speaker. All of those manufacturers have some sort of bluetooth speaker as well, just a quick re-package. Plus I don't see them making a crapy one if they want it to sell.

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
One question I had on the Bluetooth speaker is answered in the Jeep Configuration screen.

It does have USB ports so it will act as a USB charger. Since no pictures had shown the USB ports I thought that it was a major mis-step. Wrong it has them.

Looks like comes standard with the Alpine Audio System.
Sponsored