Sponsored

Who is trading their JL for a JT or who is just adding a JT to their Jeep stable?

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I have my daughter's JKU and my JLU in the driveway right now. I'm definitely considering adding the JT now. My 3rd vehicle is a Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road. I'd either have to trade the 4Runner or trade the JLU. I have mixed emotions. Interested to hear other's thoughts and similar dilemmas.
Sponsored

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
Once I pay a car off I keep it as long as I can, so I would just add it.

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 2004 Z06, 2021 Model Y
I have my daughter's JKU and my JLU in the driveway right now. I'm definitely considering adding the JT now. My 3rd vehicle is a Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road. I'd either have to trade the 4Runner or trade the JLU. I have mixed emotions. Interested to hear other's thoughts and similar dilemmas.
I was planning on keeping my JK and go after a Rivian R1T in a couple years. Now I am trading in the JK for a JT lease. Since I don't do a ton of driving any more and itit remov the risk of having the first one off the line. I believe there will be a lot more options in 4 years. I can decide then if I want to buy the JT out right. It might cost me alittle more in the long run but allows me to have the utility of a truck now as I wait to see the other options mature.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I was planning on keeping my JK and go after a Rivian R1T in a couple years. Now I am trading in the JK for a JT lease. Since I don't do a ton of driving any more and itit remov the risk of having the first one off the line. I believe there will be a lot more options in 4 years. I can decide then if I want to buy the JT out right. It might cost me alittle more in the long run but allows me to have the utility of a truck now as I wait to see the other options mature.
That makes sense.
Since I gave up the pick up scene last year, I am missing one for sure.
But I really don't want to give up the Grand Cherokee (such a nice daily driver)
and my wife doesn't want to give in on trading her beloved JK.
So I too am in a dilemma. Albeit a small one in today's world with much bigger issues.:lipssealed:

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 2004 Z06, 2021 Model Y
That makes sense.
Since I gave up the pick up scene last year, I am missing one for sure.
But I really don't want to give up the Grand Cherokee (such a nice daily driver)
and my wife doesn't want to give in on trading her beloved JK.
So I too am in a dilemma. Albeit a small one in today's world with much bigger issues.:lipssealed:
I know the feeling. We lost my wife's beloved F150 Lighting in 2017 due to an engine fire as I was driving it . Ordered it in 04 and was mostly parked the last few years before the fire. (Mostly Home Depot runs) We now have a trailer to replace the need for a truck bed. I do love my trailer but it is not the same as having a truck. The real push for me was stepping up to be the new scoutmaster of my son's troop. I love my JK but a truck is way more suitable for my new needs. The JT is a perfect fit and since I mostly work from home miles will not be an issue for a lease. I am really looking forward to seeing what the market brings in the next 4 years as well.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JKU
My plan is to keep my JKU and trade the Rebel for the new JT Rubicon if all goes well....

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
we will keep our GC ecodiesel until the extended warranty is about done, then sell it for a new JT diesel. She will be primary driver in it, I’ll keep beating around in my ‘06 LJ Rubicon or my Scrambler. Definitely ‘Jeep Poor’ LOL

pjohnston

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys EcoDiesel,2015 JKUR Hardrock
Occupation
Education Consultant
Just added the JT Eco-Diesel Willys. Decided to keep the JKUR Hard Rock for a back-up/fun vehicle. It will be on a moderate "growth" plan over the next 6 months or so. I drive a lot of miles for my job, around 40k on a usual non-COVID year and the diesel made much more sense. Wife commutes a bunch for her job also so having a reliable back-up really is a necessity.

Sponsored

CallMeJoe

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Occupation
Retired
Damn...you guys have a lot of cars...
I traded my O.D. ("only driver", not "daily driver") 2018 JLU Rubicon for my 2020 JTR and am enjoying it. I DO miss the 2.0 ltr though. What a beast! We are getting a crap-load of use out of the truck for remodeling runs and the wife's constant dump runs.....
Saaaaaayyyy.... where's all my stuff?

OrangeTJ

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKUS, 05 Dodge 2500 CTD
We have a 17 JKU that my daughter now drives as her daily driver and I will be passing my 2005 Ram 2500 to my son for his use when he turns 16 in a few months. My wife drives our Tesla Model S so I will be adding a JT around the time my son turns 16. My turn to get the new vehicle!

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Selling mine to Vroom, CarMax, or Carvana. 2018 JLU Sahara, loaded.

Longleaf

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2018 Desert Sled
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
We bought my wife an '18 JLU. I thought she'd get tired of it and I'd end up driving it. Turned out the opposite happened. I liked it so much I wanted my own, so when the gladiator came out I traded in my tundra for one.