Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Do you mean you can't get Chilton's in paper any more, or the Gladiator manual itself?
You can get an owners manual in hard copy upon request, however the service/maintenance manual is digital subscription or USB only. Cheapest one I found was on tech authority

https://www.techauthority.com/en-us/products/81-370-20083-SUSB

From many sources I have found Chilton’s and Haynes manuals will not be printed for new vehicles. Instead, the company is going digital as manuals for future models will be online-only. FCA Has newer vehicles including all years of gladiators ( recent model ) only available digitally.
Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
It doesn't matter how much a small number of people whine, this is how things are going to be forever. I'm sure some people demanded a buggy whip in their Model T because that's the way it's always been done. Free buggy whip with every vehicle.

I do find it mildly difficult to work with SERVICE manuals in digital, because I don't have a rugged tablet like my mechanic does. So I print the specific pages when I need them. It's still easier to find things and mark things up digitally, then print.

Nitroexpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, '82 Jeep CJ-8,
I can't say I read it cover to cover like a book, but I do read it. Especially maintenance schedules.

johnchabin

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR, 1993 FD3S
Occupation
Engineer
I refer to them when needed, but don't just sit down and read it like a regular book. I have the PDF version open in a browser tab on the laptop, and I have the printed version that FCA sent when I clicked the link and filled out the online form.
Did everyone receive a “printed version” when they took delivery of their new vehicle? My Jeep came with a short manual on the stereo.

What is FCA? What online form?

My dealership has been promising to “send one to my home address” for over a month now. Still nothing.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Fiat Chrysler America -the parent of Jeep

AMC bought Jeep in 1970 and became AMC/Jeep, in the 80s they pretty much went with the AMC/Jeep/Eagle thing because Eagle was the only car they were producing, then Chrysler bought AMC/Jeep/Eagle in 1987 and dropped the AMC bit and the Eagle name stuck around for a short time, then it was Daimler/Chrysler when Chrysler ran out of steam and money, then Fiat Chrysler from which FCA comes, and Stellantis was formed by the merger of FCA with other companies.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Did everyone receive a “printed version” when they took delivery of their new vehicle? My Jeep came with a short manual on the stereo.

What is FCA? What online form?

My dealership has been promising to “send one to my home address” for over a month now. Still nothing.
I got a print version with my 2020, my 2022 and my wife's 2023 JLU.
As far as time - a neighbor was waiting 3 months on some simple stuff to fix his siding, and I've heard even small stuff, books, whatever, are still taking weeks if not months.
I'd keep hounding them!
You can go to mopar.com, and set yourself up with an account, "my garage" and add your Jeep to it and I believe get a PDF copy that way, probably some here know of other ways as well.

Once you are logged in and things all set up - you'd go to

https://www.mopar.com/jeep/en-us/my-vehicle/owners-manual.html

Jeep Gladiator WHO READS OWNERS MANUALS? i GOTS TO KNOW 1707322819187

johnchabin

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR, 1993 FD3S
Occupation
Engineer
I have access to the PDF in the Digital Glovebox. I just want a hard copy if a new Jeep is supposed to ship with one.

KevinM60

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
CAD/CAM
I got a print version with my 2020, my 2022 and my wife's 2023 JLU.
As far as time - a neighbor was waiting 3 months on some simple stuff to fix his siding, and I've heard even small stuff, books, whatever, are still taking weeks if not months.
I'd keep hounding them!
You can go to mopar.com, and set yourself up with an account, "my garage" and add your Jeep to it and I believe get a PDF copy that way, probably some here know of other ways as well.

Once you are logged in and things all set up - you'd go to

https://www.mopar.com/jeep/en-us/my-vehicle/owners-manual.html

Jeep Gladiator WHO READS OWNERS MANUALS? i GOTS TO KNOW 1707322819187
I got the full hardcopy manual when I bought my Gladiator in May '23 that stays in the glove box..
I also have the digital version in pdf format.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I got the full hardcopy manual when I bought my Gladiator in May '23 that stays in the glove box..
I also have the digital version in pdf format.
I also have both. Sometimes it's nice to have the printed copy if you have a dead battery or small phone screen and are old and all that stuff.
I also find it easier to sometimes flip pages until I find what I want to find.
Digital is nice for searches although sometimes you get 50 results, still, the ability to search is good. You can go directly to that page.
Also - sometimes there are corrections or updates - and that's where the PDF version is nice - get the latest info for your Jeep.
PDF updates I go for - Windows updates - not so much..........

mhancoc2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
HR
I actually enjoy reading owners' manuals. Some recent thread posts have me wondering if they stopped providing owners manuals or some people just don't bother reading them.

So who does, and who does not read their owner's manual and why?
Read mine completely the day I got it.

Sponsored

Chunky White

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Industrial Electrician
I have the flimsy paper one but have only opened it once to read about the lockers since each manufacturer has different rules for locker use. I have owned enough Fiat Chrysler products to figure how to use everything else

Volt0

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM,JTHA
Like almost all documentation that I know of, it's outdated and superseded quickly.

I'll reference the included/printed version for maintenance schedules or to answer questions, and then usually check online to see if there's newer/updated info ( like torque specs ). I might flip through it, skimming for anything of interest, but I'm not reading it front to back ( I don't do that with anything ). Anything that's common, basic, or generally the same from one vehicle to the next, isn't worth the read imho. I may slow down for anything that's new or different, and I'll come back to lookup some answers, but it's not an entertainment novel.

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I actually enjoy reading owners' manuals. Some recent thread posts have me wondering if they stopped providing owners manuals or some people just don't bother reading them.

So who does, and who does not read their owner's manual and why?
It is so long between new vehicles I do need a refresher when I buy new. I usually skim through the manual taking note where the information I may need in the future is located and reading topics like fluid levels and type and recommended change intervals along with wheel torque and supplied tool locations

JohnWick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S Max Tow
I read mine last week right after I picked it up. I like reading them. It's good to know the details of your particular vehicle and how things work.

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
When I got my Gladiator back in 7/19 (ordered 5/19, built 6/19) I read the owners manual from stem to stern. I wanted to be sure I knew how things worked, and the strengths and limitations of my new truck. I feel that for any owner, it's a required read. I remember when I had a motorcycle, MOM was a MUST read. MOM...Motorcycle Owners Manual :) :) :) It can answer a LOT of questions. The rest of the questions answers, can be found here ;););)
Sponsored