Sponsored

Who sold their white rubicon for a gladiator?

Phantom

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 TJ, 97 Ram Cummins, 13 Rally Fighter
Occupation
Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Due to family/dog size I couldn't get a gladiator so I just bought a 2018 JLU Rubicon from a dealership near Richmond, Virginia (Haley CDJR) who said the owner just traded it in on a similar gladiator. Around 26k miles. Just wondering if that owner was on the forums as I'd like to pick his brain about the JLU. Anyone know? Any VA guys?

2018_jeep_wrangler_unlimited-pic-3260087426448464992-1024x768-jpeg.jpg

2018_jeep_wrangler_unlimited-pic-4593958742507728808-1024x768-jpeg.jpg
Sponsored

Brains2k

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mazda 3, 2018 DRZ400sm, 1993 Wrangler, 2015 Ducati 1299
I am in Charlottesville.. No Gladiator yet tho haha

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
Due to family/dog size I couldn't get a gladiator so I just bought a 2018 JLU Rubicon from a dealership near Richmond, Virginia (Haley CDJR) who said the owner just traded it in on a similar gladiator. Around 26k miles. Just wondering if that owner was on the forums as I'd like to pick his brain about the JLU. Anyone know? Any VA guys?

2018_jeep_wrangler_unlimited-pic-3260087426448464992-1024x768-jpeg.jpg

2018_jeep_wrangler_unlimited-pic-4593958742507728808-1024x768-jpeg.jpg
That's mine! Or it was. Here it is day I traded it in for the gladiator. Let me know any questions, Iirc it had around 26k miles when I traded it in, exactly a year to the day I bought it. I loved it, which is why the gladiator is almost identical.

20190513_200327.jpg

OP
OP
Phantom

Phantom

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
That's mine! Or it was. Here it is day I traded it in for the gladiator. Let me know any questions, Iirc it had around 26k miles when I traded it in, exactly a year to the day I bought it. I loved it, which is why the gladiator is almost identical.

20190513_200327.jpg
That's so awesome! It looks to be in great shape and I'm really excited about it. I still own in my 02 TJ but it will probably never see the road again. It's Offroad only now so I'm excited to get in something that I can take off roading and still drive down the highway. 26000 miles is a bunch in one year. You do a lot of road trips or do you have to travel for work?

Did you tow with it? Jeep recommends transmission oil changes if it was used for towing at he 30,000 mile mark and since it's getting close I figured I'd just reach out and see if you towed much with it

Sponsored

IceAge

First Name
Garey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL 2018

20190513_200327.jpg
Wow that’s great you can share all your tidbits of info. Anything that needs to be shared of any concern for the OP?

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
That's so awesome! It looks to be in great shape and I'm really excited about it. I still own in my 02 TJ but it will probably never see the road again. It's Offroad only now so I'm excited to get in something that I can take off roading and still drive down the highway. 26000 miles is a bunch in one year. You do a lot of road trips or do you have to travel for work?

Did you tow with it? Jeep recommends transmission oil changes if it was used for towing at he 30,000 mile mark and since it's getting close I figured I'd just reach out and see if you towed much with it
Lots of trips - it's been from NC up to NY, including a weekend in the city. Yes I towed with it (and it did great), so would probably be worth doing. I can tell you I had absolutely zero issues with it in the year I had it, here are a couple of pics from some of the trips I took. You can also see why I ended up trading it for the gladiator - towing and gear hauling, though to be honest it's not much better at towing, they were both fine. That winter trip it was packed to the gills, so I wanted more room but it had to have the same off-road capability. When Haley got one in that was virtually identical to the JLU, I went for it. Still wish I had those rims with the rwl tires, though.

There are a bunch more pics over on jlwranglerforums if you search for my user name. I have a few of the accessories I bought for it still - including the trail kitchen in the pic and a rotopax mount for the spare tire (that doesn't block the camera) which I never installed. I installed the winch on my Gladiator but the trail kitchen and rotopax mount won't really work on it, so let me know if you're interested in either and I can cut you a deal.

20180901_085832.jpg
DSCF1332.JPG

OP
OP
Phantom

Phantom

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Lots of trips - it's been from NC up to NY, including a weekend in the city. Yes I towed with it (and it did great), so would probably be worth doing. I can tell you I had absolutely zero issues with it in the year I had it, here are a couple of pics from some of the trips I took. You can also see why I ended up trading it for the gladiator - towing and gear hauling, though to be honest it's not much better at towing, they were both fine. That winter trip it was packed to the gills, so I wanted more room but it had to have the same off-road capability. When Haley got one in that was virtually identical to the JLU, I went for it. Still wish I had those rims with the rwl tires, though.

There are a bunch more pics over on jlwranglerforums if you search for my user name. I have a few of the accessories I bought for it still - including the trail kitchen in the pic and a rotopax mount for the spare tire (that doesn't block the camera) which I never installed. I installed the winch on my Gladiator but the trail kitchen and rotopax mount won't really work on it, so let me know if you're interested in either and I can cut you a deal.

20180901_085832.jpg
DSCF1332.JPG
That's perfect! PM sent about the Trail kitchen and stuff.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase

20190513_200327.jpg
I remember this one the day you traded it in, cause I think I commented that it was identical to my GF's JL... Hope you both enjoy!

Sponsored

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
I’ve always wondered how much a dealership makes on a trade. Only if you both don’t mind me asking this question; How much did you sell it back to the dealership for @Bobzdar, and how much did you purchase the Rubicon for @Phantom? Dealership always say they don’t make $$ on trades and I know they are lying .

Btw this is an awesome story that you two found each-other!

OP
OP
Phantom

Phantom

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve always wondered how much a dealership makes on a trade. Only if you both don’t mind me asking this question; How much did you sell it back to the dealership for @Bobzdar, and how much did you purchase the Rubicon for @Phantom? Dealership always say they don’t make $$ on trades and I know they are lying .

Btw this is an awesome story that you two found each-other!
I don't mind, it's a google search away. I paid $40,680 after dealer fees. ($39,999 sale price). They had it listed for 2 months at $45k and they dropped it only a few days ago to 39,999

dgreen1069

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford Excursion, 2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat, 2014 Harley CVO Limited
Wow, if it was traded in at $39k and you bought it for $40k, you got a damn good deal!

I bought my 2015 JKU Rubicon from Haley in Richmond. They were awesome to work with. Can't remember my dealer's name, but he was a heavy set younger guy. We made a deal over the phone and when we pulled into the dealership he had the keys ready for us to take a test drive. No funny business and the entire process took less than two hours. I'd buy from them again in a heartbeat. Much better experience than I had with Dulles Motorcars when I bought my Charger Hellcat in 2017. Those crooks can pound sand!
Sponsored