Who steps into and out of their vehicle the same way?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I noticed my buddy the other day gets into his truck with his left hand on the door, left foot on ground, steps with right leg into the truck. When he gets out he does the same in reverse. Puts left hand on door, left foot on ground, then right leg out of truck facing the dash, like when he got in. It made it much easier for him to squeeze out while parked closer to another car.

I've never thought of this but I get into my van with left hand on door, right hand on wheel, left foot on ground, swing right leg in. BUT.................... When I get out, I swivel my body to face the door opening, put right hand on wheel/door, leave right foot on sill, then step down with left foot. One con to doing this is I smash the side bolster of my seat and the seam has started to split.

My friend thought i was nuts. I think i do this cuz i'm 5'7" and hes 6'1".

My point being, when I get a JT and put bigger tires on it, and perhaps a lift i'll be much farther from the ground, so a step would be nice, but the RSE step is so narrow, whereas the Amp Research one is like 3" wide. I wonder if i'll continue to get out the way i do, or change my ingress/egress alltogether to more like climbing a ladder. I would never climb down a ladder with my heels on the rungs, so why do I do that now getting in and out of taller vehicles?

I won't buy somthing until i get the JT and test things out, but i wondered if any of you have noticed this, or what you do to get in and out. :movember:

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Well now I’m thinking about it and I get into my JKUR by open the the door with left hand and stand facing the inside of the hinge jamb, left hand on the wheel right hand on roof and left foot on front of sill and swing my right leg and body up and in like getting on a horse. Getting out I lead with the left foot, left hand on door and right hand on wheel and end up facing either the door or the hinge jamb depending on if there is a car too close.

I had 3” tube steps with step pads about a foot wide and despite getting wrecked by rocks they made getting in and out easier for the whole family. With the rock rails on The wife will put her back to the seat and left hand on the a pillar and right foot on the sill and “stand up” to the seat leading with the rump and left leg. The lads grab a seat belt in one hand, the mesh pocket in the other, cock a foot on the rail and climb in like a cargo net climb. The steps were great for them because they had a half step to get to the tube and then another half to get to the sill and now it’s a bigger deal.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Well now I’m thinking about it and I get into my JKUR by open the the door with left hand and stand facing the inside of the hinge jamb, left hand on the wheel right hand on roof and left foot on front of sill and swing my right leg and body up and in like getting on a horse. Getting out I lead with the left foot, left hand on door and right hand on wheel and end up facing either the door or the hinge jamb depending on if there is a car too close.

I had 3” tube steps with step pads about a foot wide and despite getting wrecked by rocks they made getting in and out easier for the whole family. With the rock rails on The wife will put her back to the seat and left hand on the a pillar and right foot on the sill and “stand up” to the seat leading with the rump and left leg. The lads grab a seat belt in one hand, the mesh pocket in the other, cock a foot on the rail and climb in like a cargo net climb. The steps were great for them because they had a half step to get to the tube and then another half to get to the sill and now it’s a bigger deal.
nice! i have a 2.5 and 5 year old now, so they're going to be climbing for a while, but i'm definately thinking i'll need some kind of step.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you don't want road grime or dirt from wheeling on the backside of your pant leg you're going to have to change the routine a little. Getting out you have to put your right foot on the door sill (https://www.amazon.com/SXMA-Wrangle...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JF6VFE2AR7Z5ZN0EBD8P) and step away from the rig landing on your left foot.
AHHH, didn't think of that, yeah if I step out with my heel, then i'm just going to get slush/mud all over the back of my pant.

It probably only would have taken 1 time for me to realize this, but you may have saved me from a dry cleaning bill. lol

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
With a vehicle with running board, I step on that with left foot, then right foot into vehicle. Same getting out. Left foot on running board, right foot on ground. You can push up a little too, lessening wear-and-tear on the seat.

What you do with your hands is up to you, I'm not your mother. ;)

Never thought I'd post about this . . .

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
AHHH, didn't think of that, yeah if I step out with my heel, then i'm just going to get slush/mud all over the back of my pant.

It probably only would have taken 1 time for me to realize this, but you may have saved me from a dry cleaning bill. lol
It'll become a habit after someone at work points it out to you!

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never thought I'd post about this . . .
me neither man. Seems so routine, then I was thinking mid-egress, and i'm like...WAIT A TICK.....there are 2 ways to do this, lol

Its like finding out everybody doesn't put their pants on one leg at a time......

DanOnTheCob

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Agreed, Just need one of these to make to experience more horse...

https://thejeephut.com/aspen-manufa...p-1992-2014/?gclid=CPnrj5OB4OICFZK2wAodtAEOaQ

DanOnTheCob

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
So you can go in and out lots of ways in a Jeep, right? Some get a leg up using right foot first, others, left foot. So if you park tight, simply exit back, left, front, out the top, over a wheel, slide right over the hood. I'd say variety is the spice of life. Yo! See below for helpful examples:

a92f8242441792f7660fc4e3cdf027927.jpg

young-woman-sitting-in-jeep-window-malibu-california-usa-E8AJJ2 (1).jpg

legs-of-young-woman-resting-over-jeep-window-malibu-california-usa-E8AJJ3.jpg

image-943867687.jpg

017c65fad09ca7b38c0cc971ee0f7739.png

07-Hot-girls-Jeeps.jpg
examples :LOL::CWL::clap:

Iron Wolfpack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon Gladiator LE, 06 Range Rover Sport, 92 E350 Tailgating Bus (Howlin' Prowler); past Jeeps - 87 YJ, 02 TJ
So you can go in and out lots of ways in a Jeep, right? Some get a leg up using right foot first, others, left foot. So if you park tight, simply exit back, left, front, out the top, over a wheel, slide right over the hood. I'd say variety is the spice of life. Yo! See below for helpful examples:

a92f8242441792f7660fc4e3cdf027927.jpg

young-woman-sitting-in-jeep-window-malibu-california-usa-E8AJJ2 (1).jpg

legs-of-young-woman-resting-over-jeep-window-malibu-california-usa-E8AJJ3.jpg

image-943867687.jpg

017c65fad09ca7b38c0cc971ee0f7739.png

07-Hot-girls-Jeeps.jpg
I’m not really envisioning it right from the pictures. I’m going to need them to come demonstrate this in person. :LOL:

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
ya all got the steering wheel on the wrong side;)

bruno747

First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK 2 Door Rubicon Recon
I have synergy grab bars in my jk. My first truck had the ripped driver seat so I learned to use a handle to literally lift myself up and swing off the seat.

BradWatson8541

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado to be traded for a JT
Is this how bored we've gotten. Waiting on our JTs to be delivered that we are discussing procedures on how to enter and exit the vehicle

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is this how bored we've gotten. Waiting on our JTs to be delivered that we are discussing procedures on how to enter and exit the vehicle
lmao, i guess some of us are. :blush: