Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Went o a trail ride today up to Flat Rock via Iron Gap in N. Al. Slipped on a wet rock, and put stock bumper into a rock. Now to really start shopping...

Jeep Gladiator Whoops, time for new bumper shopping... 4E9D780A-CE94-4D63-B5DB-BED5975F8276

Jeep Gladiator Whoops, time for new bumper shopping... 9520B022-08E9-484C-84B7-98EB46EA9011
Sponsored

Front Runner

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave, 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Insurance
I know there are tests they have to pass but I just can’t see these bumpers doing anything in a crash. The steel bumpers on the other hand…. I added a Rubicon steel with the bed rails to my Mojave and was hit a few weeks back in the passenger by someone trying to merge and not a mark on my Jeep but he needs a lot of front end work.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I know there are tests they have to pass but I just can’t see these bumpers doing anything in a crash. The steel bumpers on the other hand…. I added a Rubicon steel with the bed rails to my Mojave and was hit a few weeks back in the passenger by someone trying to merge and not a mark on my Jeep but he needs a lot of front end work.

There is a metal crush panel behind the plastic. All they have to be rated for is 5 mph I believe.

Sponsored

Anderson

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
I was recently involved in an accident. I was pulling out of an alleyway, when I hit a young lady driving on the wrong side of the road. Couldn’t see her. My steel Rubicon bumper had some scratching on the plastic area around the fog light housing. But, other than that, it was fine. Still, it was an excuse to upgrade to a new BAMF front bumper. I am letting the insurance companies fight it out. Though, I know that little Honda Fit is totaled.

Jeep Gladiator Whoops, time for new bumper shopping... 366B4FBE-C473-480C-B1A1-8177C0449D2E

Now I’ve gotta find another old 8274 to rehab...

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
The factory bumpers are usually designed to absorb the impact and crumple, instead of passing it through to the frame and occupants.

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
A steel beam (5) sits behind the plastic facade.
Jeep Gladiator Whoops, time for new bumper shopping... 1f96b7de60a706798e9853bc06d4637e

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
The plastic bumpers cant be as strong as the steel one, but they held up to a little Corolla! I rear-ended a Corolla and totaled the car. My Sahara had a few scratches and broke one of the mounting tabs off the bumper. Got the Rubicon steel one to replace, but was very satisfied with how the plastic one held up.

Sponsored

Anderson

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
Thank you! We should all do our part to beautify the highways, your service is greatly appreciated. :clap:
While I applaud your humor, that poor woman lost her mode of transportation, and probably won’t get paid out to be able to replace that car with something comparable. I truly felt sorry for her. It’s tough to watch a grown human cry. I did my best to keep her focused on the task at hand(insurance exchange, photos, etc.).

OP
OP
Artsifrtsi

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I have a non broken plastic bumper skin identical to yours laying in my back yard. Need It or pieces pay shipping or come get it. It is a good excuse to change it out, total get that.
thanks for the offer, but you are too far for an affordable temp fix. (And I’ll get wife onboard for new bumper)

I will most likely go with a Motobilt Crusher, and a ProWinch 13.5k.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
It'll buff right out and you won't even notice after a week