Sponsored

Who's attending 2019 Easter Jeep Safari!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
  • Banned
Who all is planning on going? We ordered our Jeep on Sept 19th. Have the vin and just planning our build. We have never had a Jeep, never been to Moab either. However, we’re looking forward to getting registered. Talk to the guy that runs it the other night. Made it sound like 1500-2000 jeeps will be there this year. I’m sure it’s like trailering to sturgis but we will haul ours. Hitting the Grand Canyon in the way Home too.

Our planned build
2019 JLUR 3.6/6speed
5:13 gears
37” coopers
Mopar lift
Mopar beadlock wheels
Dv8 Fs-13
Smittybilt x20 10k
Metalcloak skies and diff skid
1/2 doors

Getting excited to get this together and for the trip!

Brett
Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
We have never been able to book camping with our RV, always seems to sell out. We have done the hotel thing but rates are high for crap IMO so this year we are trying Airbnb. The place seems nicer and cheaper than hotel.

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
We have never been able to book camping with our RV, always seems to sell out. We have done the hotel thing but rates are high for crap IMO so this year we are trying Airbnb. The place seems nicer and cheaper than hotel.
I’ll check out the Airbnb. $200 a night for a $79 a night hotel is ridiculous.

Brett

Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
We ar booked, I think it was over 300 a night for some normally cost low Hilton brand hotel, but the allow dogs.

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Is anyone else planning excursions on the way there or home? I think we’re gonna to swing by the Grand Canyon and camp at the bottom one night. Trying to find some other activities. Thinking that about 3 days at the EJS should be plenty

Brett

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Is anyone else planning excursions on the way there or home? I think we’re gonna to swing by the Grand Canyon and camp at the bottom one night. Trying to find some other activities. Thinking that about 3 days at the EJS should be plenty

Brett
We did the Grand Canyon last year, it was worth the stop. Definitely worth walking the trail around the park. We also stopped in Sedona but I got sick there and we just rolled through.

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
We did the Grand Canyon last year, it was worth the stop. Definitely worth walking the trail around the park. We also stopped in Sedona but I got sick there and we just rolled through.
Very cool. When you get to ejs is there a group you’re going to go with? When are y’all going to be there? I’m thinking well be there wed-Friday

Brett

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I may ask: why 5.13s for 37s? Seems a little deep for that size tire.
The guys at northridge4x4 ran the numbers and with the double OD 6 speed they are saying it’ll be around 22-2300 at 70mph. Would also make it easier on the driveline to turn those big tires and allow the possibility of upgrading to 38s or 40s down the road. I’ve made some changes to the build already and need to start a build thread. It’s safe to say metalcloak will be receiving a ton money from us!

4.88s are a possibility but at 2000 rpm I think the Jeep would be a little flat and would be down shifting a lot more.

Brett

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Worst time to go to Moab is during EJS, IMO. Unless you love crowds, having to wait in long lines for trails, restaurants and like overpaying for places to stay, etc. It's a zoo during EJS. You will be able to do more trails, with less headaches if you go sometime from late September until late April/May and skip that particular week. JMO.....
Unless you want to meet people, don’t have a group already to go up there with and want to see all the vendors and the Jeep fanatics, I could see your point. It works great for us. We want to meet new folks and have folks to go on the trails with rather than going solo.

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great points....and something I hadn't thought of at all. Been in this lifestyle too long I guess. I have 2 sets of friends that live in Moab year round....so even if our core group from AZ doesn't go, I can always meet up with them up there. Not everyone has that luxury and I clearly missed that point. Apologies. Going solo on any serious trails is never a good idea.
It will be our first time and would love to go with a group that has some experience in it. We’re hoping by going earlier in the week it won’t be a mad house.

Gotcha. I'm confused by the double overdrive 6 speed comment. Are you running the manual then?

Nothing wrong with 5.13s....I'm trying to determine if I'm going 4.88s or deeper. The weight of my tire/wheel combo has me thinking 5.13s too, but I don't plan to go any bigger than 37s with the D44s since they really aren't up to it for our planned usage.

Thanks for the input. I'll have to give it more thought.
Yes, we ordered with the 6 speed manual trans. Jeremy at outlaw Jeep in Moab is running the 8 speed auto and 37s with the 4.10s and was saying what a great combination it was. Since we have the standard and it’s not super common we don’t have a lot to go off of. My original plan was for 4.88s but some guys on here suggested the 5.13s. This will be a 3rd vehicle and not taken on road trips. My commute to work is about 36 miles and it’s usually wide open and I cruise at 60 so it would shine for our uses.

Brett

Mark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I know it’s crowded but really that is want I like about it. Beating able to spend some time with some like minded people and seeing all the jeeps and Jeep products gives me ideas on what to do mine. I understand it isn’t for everyone but this will be my 5th year and I love it.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Worst time to go to Moab is during EJS, IMO. Unless you love crowds, having to wait in long lines for trails, restaurants and like overpaying for places to stay, etc. It's a zoo during EJS. You will be able to do more trails, with less headaches if you go sometime from late September until late April/May and skip that particular week. JMO.....

My daughters spring break is that week, otherwise I am with you. I will go on alternative routes not being used.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Very cool. When you get to ejs is there a group you’re going to go with? When are y’all going to be there? I’m thinking well be there wed-Friday

Brett
I think we leave San Diego Wednesday and get there Thursday evening. Will be in Moab until Monday I think. Just wife, daughter and dog.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.