Who's In The Middle? (lift)

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Essentially, who's wheeling the JT on 35s with a 2" lift? Your thoughts on its improved capabilities, off road? Disadvantages?

Been wheeling my stock JTR in recent weeks (DBBB and KAT here in KY). Excellent capability in stock form, but the long wheelbase frequently is of course an issue. I'm interested in the Mopar lift and 35s (not interested in regearing for 37s). Been watching some YooToob vids, but most of those feature higher lifts and larger tires.

Would love to hear from those with 2" and 35s that wheel it. I also welcome any vids or channels of same.
Sponsored

DCPHOENIX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Dad
Interested to see some responses too. Not someone on YouTube that has driven it 4 miles and loves it! Haha

willhonkforparts

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD & 2008 JKUR
Occupation
Self-loathing
If you're not interested in 37s, but want more capability offroad, I would suggest perhaps considering a 3" lift. Yes it will give you more wheel gap, but will give you roughly the same approach, breakover, and departure angles of 37s on a 2" lift, and will allow you to keep the stock gearing. The only difference will be clearance under the diffs.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
TFL did a bunch of great videos of just what your looking at. It was the mopar 2” on 35s. They wheeled it everywhere. It looked to be a great combo. I’m running 35s with a 1.5 spacer up front and a 3/4 spacer in the rear. I would check out the TFL videos though. Here is a good one of it doing some overlanding.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Essentially, who's wheeling the JT on 35s with a 2" lift? Your thoughts on its improved capabilities, off road? Disadvantages?

Been wheeling my stock JTR in recent weeks (DBBB and KAT here in KY). Excellent capability in stock form, but the long wheelbase frequently is of course an issue. I'm interested in the Mopar lift and 35s (not interested in regearing for 37s). Been watching some YooToob vids, but most of those feature higher lifts and larger tires.

Would love to hear from those with 2" and 35s that wheel it. I also welcome any vids or channels of same.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/35s-or-37s.18093/

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/35s-with-2-5-lift-or-3-5-lift.40619/

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/pictures-wanted-35’s-on-2”-lift.39246/page-3

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...for-someone-with-2-lift-w-35-37s.36971/page-2

Sponsored

Haywire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
If you're not interested in 37s, but want more capability offroad, I would suggest perhaps considering a 3" lift. Yes it will give you more wheel gap, but will give you roughly the same approach, breakover, and departure angles of 37s on a 2" lift, and will allow you to keep the stock gearing. The only difference will be clearance under the diffs.

Haywire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
This; happy w/ 3" & 35's. A bit of wheel gap keeps stuff from rubbing the stock fenders, which I wanted to keep.

OP
OP

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
TFL did a bunch of great videos of just what your looking at. It was the mopar 2” on 35s. They wheeled it everywhere. It looked to be a great combo. I’m running 35s with a 1.5 spacer up front and a 3/4 spacer in the rear. I would check out the TFL videos though. Here is a good one of it doing some overlanding.

Thanks. I totally forgot they went that direction. They have dropped off my radar. Time to revisit!

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still running stock, but everything I've read here about the Mopar 2" Lift has been positive. If warranty is a concern, you can have it installed by a dealer.

Sponsored

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
I have this setup. I've had the General A/TX 35's since day two of ownership, Jeep is now two years old. Rode on the 35s with stock Rubi suspension for a year. Wheeled Big Bear Gold Mountain before lift and got hung up a couple times on my sliders, and once on the belly. Decided I needed a bit more clearance. Put the Mopar lift on last year in March. Since then I've been to Moab, Arizona and Death Valley. Noticeable improvement. First thing I noticed was the suspension was a bit stiffer than my stock Rubicon suspension and the stiffness was needed IMO. I love this setup. I stick to moderate trails though, so can't comment on hard trails. I have been able to climb everything any JL or JK with 35's that's in front of me gets over. Hit my lower control arm mounts a few times. To me, the JT sits really nice on the Mopar lift and 35s. Others have commented on problems after the Mopar lift. Mine drives like a champ with zero problems and the addional 2+ inches of height helps alot. Feels very stable on pavement as well.

learjet

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon LE
2” mopar and 37 BFG KO2s that measure just over 35 here. we decided to lift and change tires after bottoming alot at jeep week ocean city 2 years ago. this year at OC we had no problems. we have been to a few trails, Peters Mill in Va, Rausch Creek and AOAA.

Green trails are no problem, as well as most blues. Crawler Ridge was easy with a Offroad Consulting guide. Crawldaddy, no way i was gonna try it. too many trees right up next to the trail. the crawlin for cops trail is tight! but doable

rides great on the road, tazer calibrated tire size made shifting smooth again, no need for regear.

heres a couple pix

Jeep Gladiator Who's In The Middle? (lift) 7D1AF36D-2C61-4953-9308-C9A695F0DB36

Jeep Gladiator Who's In The Middle? (lift) 4D493CFF-CA80-4301-8AB2-6E35A4F892CB

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rublicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
I ran a 3” lift and 35s in Moab, Ozarks, and PA last year. The truck more than capable with minor mods to do 80%+ of trails.

Only recommendation at that height is a hitch skid. It will save you from destroying those poor safety chain eyelets.

Jeep Gladiator Who's In The Middle? (lift) 742AF194-91C9-419D-87CF-DF32F24929B9

Jeep Gladiator Who's In The Middle? (lift) 97ED2E0F-AF9E-4BD1-8619-FE7B93AB2433

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
I ran 3 inch lift and 35s on my JL Rubicon and went anywhere the other jeeps went, snow, rocks, ruts. and trails. I went with 2" lift and the same 35" tires on my Gladiator Mojave and haven't done a ton yet but found it very capable so far. I don't feel the difference in weight and the effect it has on shifting and fuel mileage is worth going to 37" tires. Also don't like the stuffed look so I would have to go higher and regear which to me would defeat the purpose of buying a Mohave.

shredX

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2” Mopar, front/rear track bars, 315/70/17 BFG KO2s and 1.75” wheel spacers.

The extra clearance is nice for mild wheeling, but if you you go out with a club or do more advanced trails you will want 37’s. I brought these over from my Mojave trade in. I’m wanting 37’s so bad, but can’t decide if I will stick with KO2s or switch over to a MT.

Jeep Gladiator Who's In The Middle? (lift) 486E9575-A3FA-4481-8ACE-64EAFB794A18
Sponsored