• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Why did Ford not offer this version of the Ranger here in the states its just a what are they thinking up there in Dearborn.

wolf32v

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair, Ranger Raptor on the way.
Occupation
Railroader
Ford needs to bring this Ranger Platinum to the states it is the best looking Ranger period. I would buy this in a New York minute over the Ranger Raptor. Ford could even offer the 3.0 in this Ranger Platinum here in the states and that would be just epic. If you watch the video you see rear air vents, grab handles at every door opening, heat and cool seats and Auto 4wd. I will never figure out why NA Ford mangement did not bring this model and its features over here in the states. Why did they delete the grab handles and rear air vents its one of those things where you ask yourself what are they thinking up there in Dearborn. I think NA Ford really needs to take a hint because they really are not in touch with what we want in our vehicles. Who ever thought we wanted a cubby hole instead of rear air vents needs to be fired. This person needs to go and they are really not doing you any favors Ford by keeping them on the payroll. The Everest would also do great here it would out sell the Explorer 2 to 1 I bet. The over sea market dont have the stupid rear anteena.

Sponsored

Last edited:

G L Rockwell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma off road
Occupation
self
I don't disagree with you, I am content we at least have the RR though.
The rear ac parts and grab handles will be an interest for the aftermarket which is a positive.

olefordguy

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Limited, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Well, I think for the most part, outside the US/Canada, the ranger is their F-150. If you loaded up a ranger to those specs here it would be in the F-150 pricing and it wouldn't sell well, the majority would just get the F-150. Just my opinion.

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
Well, I think for the most part, outside the US/Canada, the ranger is their F-150. If you loaded up a ranger to those specs here it would be in the F-150 pricing and it wouldn't sell well, the majority would just get the F-150. Just my opinion.
A F150 Platinum is $80k plus so a Ranger Platinum maybe $60k plus still less I think it would sell.

Sponsored
OP
OP

wolf32v

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair, Ranger Raptor on the way.
Occupation
Railroader
I think y
I think your wrong like the Raptor Ranger the Platinum Ranger would be way less money than the F150 Platuim like 15,000 less I bet easy. I for one do not need a F150 size truck it is nice but I will probably never buy one again it is too much truck for me. The Ranger is the wright size and it would be nice to have all the bells and whistle of the Platinum and that would be perfect for me.

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
Lariat and RRaptor have enough bells and whistles. Don't need added cost and complexity in the vehicles.

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I’m with you on both the Platinum and Everest. I could believe if they start offering a Platinum version here at some point in the future once they get their parts supply chains and production figured out. I’m assuming though that they’ve considered the Everest (I’ll take a Platinum Everest please!) as a 4Runner/LC competitor & alternative to the Bronco, & decided that they didn’t have production capacity and the economics didn’t warrant another assembly plant.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
They don't want to not be relevant at all in midsize trucks, but they are not going to jeopardize their f150 sales and truck leadership. It's clear they want most to buy f150s, but have ranger as a decent alternative.

pablo94sc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Honestly, I want the roof rack and chase rack the platinum in the second video has available here. Very handy options.

Reactions: MJE

Sponsored

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 05 Z4
I'd guess that they thought a Lariat close enough to $50k is good enough for now. If the Ranger sells well I'd bet they bring additional trims like Platinum or Tremor.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not that odd for them to have less trims on a new generations. I suspect next year they will offer a Tremor in the US.
And they didn't want to steal the Raptor's thunder. It's been asked for over the years and it's finally here. They wanted it to get all the hype and attention.

PawnX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
And they didn't want to steal the Raptor's thunder. It's been asked for over the years and it's finally here. They wanted it to get all the hype and attention.
Yep, I'm very sure that was part of it. I was hoping to get a tremor or at least the v6, but didn't want to what that long.
Fast forward 9-10 months and still waiting anyways :D

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, I'm very sure that was part of it. I was hoping to get a tremor or at least the v6, but didn't want to what that long.
Fast forward 9-10 months and still waiting anyways :D
I'm going with the Raptor for now. But should they come up with a 2.7l v6 tremor that's a good package, I'd likely jump to it. More versatile and practical as daily truck. Have a 21 tremor now.
Sponsored