HigBeasty

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
My Gladiator Sob Story

Over 12 weeks since I ordered my Launch Edition Gladiator and it has not even shipped yet. I’m active duty and was just notified that I will be moving overseas by the end of the year. I am now canceling my loan, that I already made payments on, and I will likely lose my deposit at the dealership. I also have over $2,300 worth of aftermarket parts sitting at home waiting for a Gladiator that I am no longer getting.

Yes, I did consider still getting it and then either storing or selling it when I go overseas. I estimate that I will lose around $10K selling it, and that’s way too much to drive it around for only a few months. I guess I am fortunate that I haven’t taken delivery yet and still have the opportunity to cancel, but I have been looking forward to this truck for so long.

I was deployed when the Gladiator was first revealed November last year. It was advertised as “Coming Spring” and was exactly what I was looking for. I signed up for the Launch Edition pre-order and put my deposit down on April 4th, but due to the concierge issues my order was not verified until April 24th. Financing was approved through my bank in March, but the loan application would have expired in May. I started making payments in May to lock in my good interest rate. Since November I have spent 1-2 hours everyday researching Gladiators, watching vids, trying to track my build status, and even talking to everyone that will listen about how excited I was for this truck. I am pretty disappointed that it didn’t work out.
Sponsored

Chadnutz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F-350 4x4
see if the dealer will refund the deposit given the circumstances and given the fact that you are serving our country.

tanman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Avenger, Used to own 2006 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
My Gladiator Sob Story

Over 12 weeks since I ordered my Launch Edition Gladiator and it has not even shipped yet. I’m active duty and was just notified that I will be moving overseas by the end of the year. I am now canceling my loan, that I already made payments on, and I will likely lose my deposit at the dealership. I also have over $2,300 worth of aftermarket parts sitting at home waiting for a Gladiator that I am no longer getting.

Yes, I did consider still getting it and then either storing or selling it when I go overseas. I estimate that I will lose around $10K selling it, and that’s way too much to drive it around for only a few months. I guess I am fortunate that I haven’t taken delivery yet and still have the opportunity to cancel, but I have been looking forward to this truck for so long.

I was deployed when the Gladiator was first revealed November last year. It was advertised as “Coming Spring” and was exactly what I was looking for. I signed up for the Launch Edition pre-order and put my deposit down on April 4th, but due to the concierge issues my order was not verified until April 24th. Financing was approved through my bank in March, but the loan application would have expired in May. I started making payments in May to lock in my good interest rate. Since November I have spent 1-2 hours everyday researching Gladiators, watching vids, trying to track my build status, and even talking to everyone that will listen about how excited I was for this truck. I am pretty disappointed that it didn’t work out.
@JeepCares

MATANZAS STING RAY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Stingrey Gladiator from Travis
My Gladiator Sob Story

Sorry to hear, be safe when deployed and thank you for your service! if t=you have parts to sell, list e'm and we'll try to help you out!

Sponsored

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
My Gladiator Sob Story

That dealer better give back the deposit...and how do you not get your loan money back if you didn't borrow any money yet? @JeepCares will surely help you with the dealer if they're not cooperative.

OP
OP
HigBeasty

HigBeasty

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
That dealer better give back the deposit...and how do you not get your loan money back if you didn't borrow any money yet? @JeepCares will surely help you with the dealer if they're not cooperative.
After talking to my bank they are canceling the loan, I should be getting my payments back soon. I was worried about losing the interest from the payments already made, or having to do a loan payoff and coving the interest of the loan.

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
After talking to my bank they are canceling the loan, I should be getting my payments back soon. I was worried about losing the interest from the payments already made, or having to do a loan payoff and coving the interest of the loan.
I work with car loan and mortgages all the time. You should get all of your money back. You haven't borrowed any of their money. You don't even owe interest. lol

tanman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for your service, glad somebody in this country cares for our vets. That bank should get some good karma outta that for sure.

Sponsored

OP
OP
HigBeasty

HigBeasty

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I work with car loan and mortgages all the time. You should get all of your money back. You haven't borrowed any of their money. You don't even owe interest. lol
That’s good to hear! They were surprised that I had already made payments on it and that I was still holding their check for the dealer. I really expected the Gladiator to be delivered late May/June.

tanman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s good to hear! They were surprised that I had already made payments on it and that I was still holding their check for the dealer. I really expected the Gladiator to be delivered late May/June.
was yours granite? you may be able to still receive it at time of delivery after your deployment lol

OP
OP
HigBeasty

HigBeasty

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
was yours granite? you may be able to still receive it at time of delivery after your deployment lol
That’s actually really funny! I am moving for at least four years though. Lol
I feel bad for all those who ordered the Granite LE. Mine is/was White.
I was unsure of the original rendering of the Gator color, but after seeing what it looks like on the Wayout concept that would be my first choice.

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Be safe out there!
Sponsored