First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a small lift for my JT (2" to 3"). I've read great reviews on the Mopar lift kit on the forum, but just as many of you are happy with a 3rd party lift too. This is my first Jeep, so the the idea of having a lift that is covered by a Jeep warranty has me leaning to the Mopar lift. My JT is my daily driver and living in the midwest I'm more worried about getting through a snow storm than rock crawling.

Looking for some feedback on why you chose one lift package vs another? Any kits you think I should completely steer clear of?
Sponsored

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
I chose the Mopar lift to avoid any future warrant issues.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer gave me a great deal on the lift and liked the fact it was covered under warranty as well.. You'll want to add a adjustable front track bar to it though

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
Dealer gave me a great deal on the lift and liked the fact it was covered under warranty as well.. You'll want to add a adjustable front track bar to it though
Be aware....the dealer advised me there was a separate up charge for the lift warranty.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm not even remotely interested in the Mopar lift since there are better more complete options out there for much less money that will provide better performance. The only reason in my mind to buy the Mopar lift is the threat of the $tealer voiding your warranty in which you are covered by the Magnuson-Moss Act.

You could expect push back on driveline failures due to increased angles and axle/steering components if you increased the tire size regardless.

Sponsored

learjet

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon LE
ive had my Gladiator for a bit over a year, finally added the mopar lift right after xmas. my decision making process

first off i wanted a full suspension lift, no spacer kits.

seems warranty coverage might be better w the mopar lift. I saw all kinds of lifts at a jeep event, and talked with some vendors. i didnt see any reason to spend more money on a similar sized lift, and i only wanted 2” or so. the high end lifts cost about the same or more as the mopar but you need to buy shocks. i saw no need for adjustable control arms.

i may need to add the front adj track bar though, getting 37s installed tomorrow, and i can see where the axle shifted. it might be enough that the right side will rub. wont know till the 37s are on. gotta measue closely to see the axle shift, but it may be more obvious w the 37s - i may add the track bar just to even up the front axle if it looks bad.

my wife and i have offraoded a bit, but arent hardcore. if we wheeled more often i probably would have given one of the high end lifts more attention.

fwiw my son and i installed the mopar lift in 5 hours in my garage with no lift and only basic air tools and torque wrenches. we did add a 1/2“ spacer in the front to level her up..

htht

lear

learjet

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon LE
I'm not even remotely interested in the Mopar lift since there are better more complete options out there for much less money that will provide better performance.
could you name a few? im curious what i missed in my research

thx!

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
could you name a few? im curious what i missed in my research

thx!
Just about any of them? If you figure in the cost of the Mopar and how few parts it includes vs some of the other well put together systems, it's not a great value.

You probably wouldn't notice the difference considering you stacked a spacer on top of a "2" lift" that is an honest 3-3.5" lift already and didn't correct any of the conditions other than reducing the caster with the provided lower control arms.

If it works and makes you happy....great! Doesn't work for me.

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
The only reason in my mind to buy the Mopar lift is the threat of the $tealer voiding your warranty in which you are covered by the Magnuson-Moss Act.
Another ... "Magnuson-Moss Act" comment to justify aftermarket lift kits.

YES, your aftermarket lift kit isn't supposed to void your warranty if your seat heaters stop working. BUT, it can and will void your warranty on all those parts you replaced and any other parts that could be affected by those changes. So pretty much anything under your Jeep and some of the items in your engine bay could be affected.

For example, you buy a lift and put on 37" tires, they could come back and say that the lift and tires put extraordinary stresses on your transmission, driveline and engine. Those parts you added caused a failure in your engine or transmission that is not covered. Now tell them all about the "Magnusson-Moss Act" and see what happens.... "OH, sorry Sir/Miss... You're right, we are definitely gonna fix that for you now under warranty because you said that." NOPE!

Like the recent thread we all read about a voided warranty on a new Jeep that went in mud.... you will NOT win when trying to fight against Jeep's corporate lawyers and their money.

I bought my Jeep at a dealer and had the same dealer install the Mopar lift. I was told... "We will warranty everything installed because you bought the vehicle from us, and had us professionally install your Jeep manufactured lift kit. The extended warranty you purchased from us will also cover these Jeep manufactured and dealer installed parts.

But they also said... "If you take it to another dealer or out of state... all bets are off, the warranty is with this dealership only."

Is my lift the BEST.... nope, but its the only one covered by my dealership and factory warranty so thats why I, and many others choose it, instead of going with probably better performing aftermarket kits.

Im not saying anything is wrong with the millions of aftermarket parts, thousands of jeep owners do it every day. Just understand when you change ANYTHING from factory, you are now taking the responsibility of those parts and any others that could be affected.

Last edited:

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Another ... "Magnuson-Moss Act" Another comment to justify aftermarket lift kits.

YES, your aftermarket lift kit isn't supposed to void your warranty if your seat heaters stop working. BUT, it can and will void your warranty on all those parts you replaced and any other parts that could be affected by those changes. So pretty much anything under your Jeep and some of the items in your engine bay could be affected.

For example, you buy a lift and put on 37" tires, they could come back and say that the lift and tires put extraordinary stresses on your transmission, driveline and engine. Those parts you added caused a failure in your engine or transmission that is not covered. Now tell them all about the "Magnusson-Moss Act" and see what happens.... "OH, sorry Sir/Miss... You're right, we are definitely gonna fix that for you now under warranty because you said that." NOPE!

Like the recent thread we all read about a voided warranty on a new Jeep that went in mud.... you will NOT win when trying to fight against Jeep's corporate lawyers and their money.

I bought my Jeep at a dealer and had the same dealer install the Mopar lift. I was told... "We will warranty everything installed because you bought the vehicle from us, and had us professionally install your Jeep manufactured lift kit. The extended warranty you purchased from us will also cover these Jeep manufactured and dealer installed parts.

But they also said... "If you take it to another dealer or out of state... all bets are off, the warranty is with this dealership only."

Is my lift the BEST.... nope, but its the only one covered by my dealership and factory warranty so thats why I, and many others choose it, instead of going with probably better performing aftermarket kits.

Im not saying anything is wrong with the millions of aftermarket parts, thousands of jeep owners do it every day. Just understand when you change ANYTHING from factory, you are now taking the responsibility of those parts and any others that could be affected.
I can agree with you on this!

Ya, I'm not sure what would come from my local dealer especially since I'm not buying from them due to their attitude and unwillingness to honor any of the promo discounts. Their service dept does not have a great reputation here either.....I plan to purchase an extended warranty due to the diesel, but wonder what I would actually entrust them to repair even if under warranty.

I'm in the business and would never void someone's warranty on an unrelated part, but have denied warranty on a broken differential from melted rubber in the fenders!

I do know that I have higher expectations than what an incomplete $1650 kit will per provide me when out on the road but also know that a coilover system would be foolish and I advise my clients the same.

Sponsored

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Be aware....the dealer advised me there was a separate up charge for the lift warranty.
I think he maybe pulling a fast one on you. There is no upcharge for warranty of any MOPAR installed accessory..

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
I chose Mopar because the dealer would install it upon delivery. No waiting. Lifted right off the lot. The dealer would warranty their work, and they wouldn't be able to point fingers if something goes wrong.

OP
OP
MyGeekDaddy

MyGeekDaddy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
Appreciate all the feedback. On the road the next 2 weeks for work and hope to get my JT into the dealership early for Feb for a little upgrade. ;)

SoCalGladiator

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Pumpkin Orange
I can agree with you on this!

Ya, I'm not sure what would come from my local dealer especially since I'm not buying from them due to their attitude and unwillingness to honor any of the promo discounts. Their service dept does not have a great reputation here either.....I plan to purchase an extended warranty due to the diesel, but wonder what I would actually entrust them to repair even if under warranty.

I'm in the business and would never void someone's warranty on an unrelated part, but have denied warranty on a broken differential from melted rubber in the fenders!

I do know that I have higher expectations than what an incomplete $1650 kit will per provide me when out on the road but also know that a coilover system would be foolish and I advise my clients the same.
I'm interested in your thoughts on coilovers for the JT. I have been toying with the idea of doing a recon coilover kit, but everyone drinking the coilover koolaid is telling me that it is the best thing ever...others are saying, it is way over kill unless you are racing or doing very advanced stuff, and at 12k installed, I'm hoping someone can talk me out of doing the coilover setup.

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a small lift for my JT (2" to 3"). I've read great reviews on the Mopar lift kit on the forum, but just as many of you are happy with a 3rd party lift too. This is my first Jeep, so the the idea of having a lift that is covered by a Jeep warranty has me leaning to the Mopar lift. My JT is my daily driver and living in the midwest I'm more worried about getting through a snow storm than rock crawling.

Looking for some feedback on why you chose one lift package vs another? Any kits you think I should completely steer clear of?
Brad at Trail Recon does a good job of reviewing 5+ different lift kits on the Glad.
Sponsored