M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81’ Cherokee,20' GMC AT4, ‘18 4Runner, cross-trek
Occupation
professional big dumb animal.........
So... about me....
Like many of you but unlike most of you, I am an official car-a-holic. My passion has been automobiles since my earliest memories. I used to draw endlessly- getting in trouble daily at school while ignoring my classes- for years. Principles office and detentions daily-for yes....this.
I imagined new concepts and dreamed I could have a similar job/role just like that Ralph Giles guy - (you know FCA head designer, artist and car guru himself).
I even thought out, drew out and conceptualized a new electromagnetic independent wheel propulsion unit that was super interesting. (Even as a young person that is). It led to four years of drafting in school and I had a pretty good Hand in drawing already.
Professionally I chose a far different path if only to stay out of a desk job. Hate being forced indoors... and I live a strong well rounded life from that decision.
I’ve owned so many neat cars and a strong number of Jeeps, FSJ CC, CJ,TJ
It’s rediculous. I could go on and on....
But I have a whole new issue I can’t really get around.
——-my wife hates the gladiator——-
I’ve been authorized basically to get a wrangler. Not what I want. Since I first saw the gladiator concept 15 years ago and was put off by never ending FCA teases, I have craved, yearned, pined and obsessed over this.
Yea wifey works hard and successfully too. She contributes well and wants to have car input. BUT- I simply don’t get that to her, cars are a nice or nicer or lesser version a of toaster- or appliance or tool, if you will. So In this manner yes- I have somewhat monopolized the car choices we’ve made, always pressing my preferences first.
I also remember telling her that while we were dating- keeping me meant dealing, coping and coexisting with my passion..... also.

Dear Mojave Jeep truck.... someday. Sooner or later..... it’s not if or how but when. God do I ever regret ever having sold —any— of my Jeeps. The most liberating devices you can touch and use daily as a part of your life. To this end.... I my friends, am the most car ridiculously car crazed fool you might ever meet.
Now on to the fun stuff- let’s talk about Jeeps again
Sponsored

DJ_Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR, 2021 JTR Diesel
So... about me....
Like many of you but unlike most of you, I am an official car-a-holic. My passion has been automobiles since my earliest memories. I used to draw endlessly- getting in trouble daily at school while ignoring my classes- for years. Principles office and detentions daily-for yes....this.
I imagined new concepts and dreamed I could have a similar job/role just like that Ralph Giles guy - (you know FCA head designer, artist and car guru himself).
I even thought out, drew out and conceptualized a new electromagnetic independent wheel propulsion unit that was super interesting. (Even as a young person that is). It led to four years of drafting in school and I had a pretty good Hand in drawing already.
Professionally I chose a far different path if only to stay out of a desk job. Hate being forced indoors... and I live a strong well rounded life from that decision.
I’ve been authorized basically to get a wrangler. Not what I want. Since I first saw the gladiator concept 15 years ago and was put off by never ending FCA teases, I have craved, yearned, pined and obsessed over this.
Yea wifey works hard and successfully too. She contributes well and wants to have car input. BUT- I simply don’t get that to her, cars are a nice or nicer or lesser version a of toaster- or appliance or tool, if you will. So In this manner yes- I have somewhat monopolized the car choices we’ve made, always pressing my preferences first.
I also remember telling her that while we were dating- keeping me meant dealing, coping and coexisting with my passion..... also.

Dear Mojave Jeep truck.... someday. Sooner or later..... it’s not if or how but when. God do I ever regret ever having sold —any— of my Jeeps. The most liberating devices you can touch and use daily as a part of your life. To this end.... I my friends, am the most car ridiculously car crazed fool you might ever meet.
Sorry to hear your wife doesn't like the Gladiator but to each their own...

I told my lovely wife last year that I liked the Gladiator and wanted to get one once the diesel came out. She said she preferred her purple JKUR but if I wanted one then get it.
Ordered '21 JTUR diesel today :.)

Hope you work it out with your wife :)

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
Well I have traded vehicles around 30 times over the years and not once did I listen to my wife even while she was rolling in the floor like the 3 stooges used to do get what you want you can always find another wife but there’s only one Jeep gladiator truck and I love mine
Jeep Gladiator Wife hates gladiator 541B5A25-D496-4E27-9310-A2538A7A4D0E

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
If she is OK with a Wrangler, I don't understand what is the problem with a Gladiator?

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
My wife didn’t like my jlur too much but loved the jtr only thing is she says are you going to lift it and put big tires on it. I say only 2 inches
to the op is she buying it. Or are you. ?Get what you want. ?

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
My wife wasn't excited about me wanting one, but finally caved and said I was driving her crazy, just do it and get it over with. Four weeks later she tells me the Gladiator is her favorite of all my vehicles ever. You just never can tell.

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
MAYBE.... she's absolutely jealous that you will have one and she wont?

Just get "his and hers" problem solved!

Jeep Gladiator Wife hates gladiator IMG_2415

Clendennan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
That’s why my wife has her own car. I’ve never asked if I’m allowed or if she approves. I’ve asked if we could handle it financially, but I don’t ask what color underwear I’m allowed to buy either.

Sponsored

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I got lucky. I went to the dealer looking at a new Ram pickup and as soon as my wife and baby girl climbed into a lifted JT at the dealer it was over with. She was all in!

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Does she define what about a Gladiator is distasteful as compared to a Wrangler?

Is it the "pickup" thing? The extra long aspect? Speaking for my wife, shes okay with pickups, but no " goofy big redneck trucks" . Good to know my wife is anti-brodozer. But she's not fan of "too long" citing parallel parking issues and taking it to the city becomes a chore.

The cost bump between the JL and the JT was initially a sticking point until we test drove and was very impressed comfort with the rubicon and leather. But other expenses have shunted that plan. Is she secretly grumpy over cost and perhaps cost not aligning with value the way she might like? It was a hard go on my side until I got butts in seats, complete with car seats to prove we all fit and very well.

Other than that I cant really see why someone would be dead set against the Gladiator per se assuming form factor is in line and cost is workable.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
I bought Mrs. Klutch a Subaru. She loves that thing so much she doesn't care what I buy. Seriously, I have to change the Subaru oil myself because she doesn't want to lose the use of her Subaru at a shop. Anyway, I bought a Gladiator and I'm thrilled with it. Win-win!

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
So... about me....

Yep mine hates the look of it according to her but she doesn't have a say so in what I buy for my daily driver. As much as she so called hates the look she seems to be enjoying riding it it with the top off all the time (LOL).
Sponsored