Sponsored

Will 37” tires fit on the stock rim for spare?

Fjgarcia1

First Name
Cisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I am currently running 37/12.50/20 on my Gladiator. I am wondering if there is a 37 inch tire that fits in the 245/75/17 spare rim? Or do I have to purchase a new rim as well?
Sponsored

Dovi82

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S (STOCK) 2014 Jeep JK (NOT STOCK)
Occupation
Wouldn't you like to know.
I am currently running 37/12.50/20 on my Gladiator. I am wondering if there is a 37 inch tire that fits in the 245/75/17 spare rim? Or do I have to purchase a new rim as well?
Cant help you, but curious to the MPGs you are getting with those 37"s for research purposed

OP
OP

Fjgarcia1

First Name
Cisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Cant help you, but curious to the MPGs you are getting with those 37"s for research purposed
I’m getting around 13-14. It hasn’t been as bad as I thought it would be.

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I would say you need a new rim. Also that tire probably wont fit under the bed. I think a 35 is max for that.

Incommando

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sport max tow Sting-gray, ‘95 YJ
Yes you can run a 12.5” wide tire on the stock rim. The height doesn’t matter at all.

Some 37’s fit in the spare tire well. There is a lengthy thread about it on here somewhere.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. It’s the width that matters for the rim and most 37s are the same 12.5 wide as a 35 which I have in my spare rim no prob. And the eel underneath appears to have plenty of room to fit the 37.

OP
OP

Fjgarcia1

First Name
Cisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I would say you need a new rim. Also that tire probably wont fit under the bed. I think a 35 is max for that.
Yeah... it’s looking like that. I’ve seen a few posts that say a 37 will fit but I doubt it. Thanks for the reply.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
With my setup, my JTR (3.6, 8-speed auto, 4.10 gears) on 37's and 20x10's, with the Tazer JL Mini recalibrating my ECM to the 37" tires, and the iDrive unit set to U-7 mode, I'm averaging 14.6 MPG's around town...Can't tell you highway, as I haven't been on the highway since the night i brought it home (I don't travel much anymore). Brand new in stock form on factory 33" Falken WP M/T's, I was only averaging around 12.5 MPG around town.

Some folks say the Tazer and iDrive are a waste of money, but I'm getting over 2 MPG better around town, with WAY heavier tires & wheels... Not to mention the excellent acceleration performance increase from the iDrive unit... So to me, that's well worth the money.

OP
OP

Fjgarcia1

First Name
Cisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
With my setup, my JTR (3.6, 8-speed auto, 4.10 gears) on 37's and 20x10's, with the Tazer JL Mini recalibrating my ECM to the 37" tires, and the iDrive unit set to U-7 mode, I'm averaging 14.6 MPG's around town...Can't tell you highway, as I haven't been on the highway since the night i brought it home (I don't travel much anymore). Brand new in stock form on factory 33" Falken WP M/T's, I was only averaging around 12.5 MPG around town.

Some folks say the Tazer and iDrive are a waste of money, but I'm getting over 2 MPG better around town, with WAY heavier tires & wheels... Not to mention the excellent acceleration performance increase from the iDrive unit... So to me, that's well worth the money.
Great to know. Thanks for the feedback.
Sponsored