Sponsored

Will a Mojave front skid plate fit on an Overland?

JohnFinx

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1988 Cherokee , 1969 Plymouth Satellite Conv
Occupation
Telecom engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I don't care for the plastic air dam/skid plate thing in the front of my overland, it looks cheap. The metal formed Mojave one is much more appealing. Will it fit with the stock plastic bumper? Do I need different brackets? Anyone have one they don't want?

All these questions and more will be answered on our next episode of SOAP....
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I have a JL Sahara and posted this exact same question.

The short answer is yes, but you will need to get a bunch of extra parts —mounting brackets, pressure rivets, etc.

Also, it matters if you plan to keep the plastic bumper or get the Mopar steel bumper. The underside of the plastic and steel bumpers are shaped differently. I got the latter, so I decided to get the black Mopar skid plate used on Rubicon instead, because I knew it’d bolt right on.

Here’s the thread: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-skid-plate-on-a-jl.56487/page-2#post-1407979

Good luck!

Last edited:

-miko-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon, Tundra, Nissan NV, '21 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Designer
I don't care for the plastic air dam/skid plate thing in the front of my overland, it looks cheap. The metal formed Mojave one is much more appealing. Will it fit with the stock plastic bumper? Do I need different brackets? Anyone have one they don't want?

All these questions and more will be answered on our next episode of SOAP....
This thread was helpful to figure out what was needed when I mounted a Rubicon skid plate - just in case you can find a Rubicon one. Not sure if the Mojave is the same as the Rubicon.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/installing-stock-rubicon-skid-plate-on-sport.26170/

OP
OP
JohnFinx

JohnFinx

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1988 Cherokee , 1969 Plymouth Satellite Conv
Occupation
Telecom engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. That looks like a pain in the butt to try to figure out. I think I can fab something easier than that....

-miko-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon, Tundra, Nissan NV, '21 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Designer
Wow. That looks like a pain in the butt to try to figure out. I think I can fab something easier than that....
Yeah it can seem a little daunting but actually it wasn't that bad once you take off the plastic skid plate. Seeing it and having the donor skid plate in hand helps it all make sense. Also depends what you get with the takeoff skid. If they're going aftermarket you'll probably get most of the brackets you need and just have to buy the rivnuts.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
I am in the middle of this project right now. I got a factory take off Mojave silver skid plate off eBay and have gotten all the brackets (4 total), bolts, and nutserts to mount it. It was a PITA figuring all the part numbers of what is required and locating them. Quadratec had most of them but I also had to order a pair of the brackets from BAM. I had a overland front bumper but replaced it with an ARCUS from rugged ridge.
Sponsored