Sponsored

Will aRubicon LED fender work on a Sport S without the factory LED option?

Rayzzz

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Will the Rubicon fenders with LED lights work on the Sport S without factory LED fender light option without modification for the lights to work without hyper flash or other issues? I'd like to add the Rubicon fenders to mine but with the LED option in the fender..

My Jeep likes my money
Sponsored

Puda32

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Will the Rubicon fenders with LED lights work on the Sport S without factory LED fender light option without modification for the lights to work without hyper flash or other issues? I'd like to add the Rubicon fenders to mine but with the LED option in the fender..

My Jeep likes my money
I put Mopar LED turn signals in my Sport S, dealer gave me a "deal" because he was interested if it would work as well. I did this at the same time I did Mopar LED headlights and foglights. The dealer flashed the computer with three different LED dealer installed options, he said that was everything that mentioned LED's. This did not work. They work intermittently and eventually it's not just hyperflash, the running lights turn off (sometimes 1, sometimes both) and the turn signals stop working. I was trying to avoid getting a Tazer but after getting one it did fix the issues. It seemed the dealer options didn't change the turn signal type to LED.

CK Wraps

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I put Mopar LED turn signals in my Sport S, dealer gave me a "deal" because he was interested if it would work as well. I did this at the same time I did Mopar LED headlights and foglights. The dealer flashed the computer with three different LED dealer installed options, he said that was everything that mentioned LED's. This did not work. They work intermittently and eventually it's not just hyperflash, the running lights turn off (sometimes 1, sometimes both) and the turn signals stop working. I was trying to avoid getting a Tazer but after getting one it did fix the issues. It seemed the dealer options didn't change the turn signal type to LED.
Hey I just installed the Rubicon fenders with LED lights and I'm having the same issue. The lights stopped working completely after using the indicators on each side. What is a Tazer and how do I get it / use it?

Puda32

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Hey I just installed the Rubicon fenders with LED lights and I'm having the same issue. The lights stopped working completely after using the indicators on each side. What is a Tazer and how do I get it / use it?
If you search Tazer JL you'll find a ton on it. It's made by Z Automotive, they have a mini version as well that is physically smaller. This may be a nicer option because some of the features require it to be plugged in to use. To set the turn signal to LED you do not need to leave it plugged in. There's a good wayolife video if you want to see someone going through how to use it.

https://www.zautomotive.com/product/tazer-jl/?v=7516fd43adaa

Puda32

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Here's a link to the video.

Sponsored

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious about this setup...u installed the Rubicon fenders with LED running/turn signals? Does this raise the height of the fender to allow for Rubicon clearance? I have a Sport S and would be interested in going this route if that's the case, I haven't heard much about this?

CK Wraps

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Here's a link to the video.

Thank you, I bought the Tazer mini and it worked great. Has a bunch of other great features as well.

I'm curious about this setup...u installed the Rubicon fenders with LED running/turn signals? Does this raise the height of the fender to allow for Rubicon clearance? I have a Sport S and would be interested in going this route if that's the case, I haven't heard much about this?
Yes, I have the Rubicon fenders and led indicators now installed on my Sport and it raises clearance by 2". Needed the Tazer mini to get the indicator lights working. Tried flashing the ECU at the dealership but they couldn't get it to work.

gfdbh.jpg

dgfsnbd.jpg

hfvnjghfj.jpg

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Wow!! That thing looks sharp!! Where did u get the fenders?

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Thank you, I ordered them from the dealership
I was gonna ask if your truck was wrapped until I saw your username. Whats going on with that wrap, a painted chrome look? It def works on your set up

Sponsored

20GladiatorMoab20

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
So I installed the Rubicon flares on my Sport S last night. The lights work, although I didn’t wire in the DRL yet, since the harness was cut off, I spliced my old on in, but need to connect the DRL wires to the main harness before the plug. I know I’ll need a Tazer to make that work. But which wire goes where?

Kaibisby

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler sport s 2019
Occupation
Rt
Lynn F....I just installed Rubicon fenders on my 2019 Sport S....the swap to Rubi fenders gave me 3 inches more tire clearance to the fenders. @shrekadventures
Sponsored