First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
Hi Folks, looking to get a Mojave 2022...I have a single car garage and it is going to be very tight, am I nutz to think this is a good idea?

All calculations done usuing specs in 2021 Gladiator Catalog, and hand measuring my garage/door dimensions..

The Mojave dimensions are:
Width - 6.2 feet.
Hight (Hard top) - 6.2 feet.
Lenght - 18.2 feet.

My garage dimensions are:
Width through door - 8.8 feet.
Hight through door - 6.75 feet.
Lenth of usable garage space - 18.8 feet

Result:
Width: I have 1.3 feet to spare on each side going through the Garage door opening...
Hight: I have only 6.6 Inches to spare going through the Garage Door opening.
Lenght: I have only 4 inches front and back to spare.

Has anyone had success fitting into some similiar size garage? Did you use any mechanical limiters? Or electronic/laser/sound limiters like say a "Park-Daddy"?

Doable with some electronic/mechanical aids or a "Fool's-errand"?

Thanks,
-Joe
Sponsored

Tokolosh

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q7, 2014 Ford Fusion, 2015 Chrysler T&C
Occupation
Director in Automotive Industry
Well, it’ll obviously fit. I’d probably pull in tighter on the right to give yourself more space to climb out on the left. Doors off will make getting in and out a ton easier too.

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
I had the same concerns and the math would not add up ... I have an air conditioner in the garage, an air handler sat on a platform .. I demoed the platform and relocated the air handler to be suspended in the ceiling ... now my truck pulls in with inches to spare ... well worth the effort .. I use the ol school method to know I'm getting to close 🍻 ...

Jeep Gladiator Will it Fit in Garage? 20210918_080556

Sponsored

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
ofc it fits. might just be annoying for pulling in and out every day. with lift and 35s I have less than one inch to spare in height. in fact had to modify garage door a little so it is fully out of the way. that being said I only put it into the garage during snowstorms and pre road trip when fully loaded the night before. With 37s I think I will have to air down …

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
I had the same concerns and the math would not add up ... I have an air conditioner in the garage, an air handler sat on a platform .. I demoed the platform and relocated the air handler to be suspended in the ceiling ... now my truck pulls in with inches to spare ... well worth the effort .. I use the ol school method to know I'm getting to close 🍻 ...

Jeep Gladiator Will it Fit in Garage? 20210918_070956
THis is same method I used. Although mine doesn't have the smile..... :LOL:

AverageDad

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
VP of Operations
Mine barely fits, had to put train track stops to get it lined up everytime its parked.

My spacing is nearly identical to this. It does fit!
If you need to walk around, you have to open the garage door (unless you are much thinner than me).
it will limit your options. If you start adding bigger tires, racks, etc. you will run out of height quickly. For example, I’m looking at RTTs and will have to get one that is at least partially recessed behind the cab.

AverageDad

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
VP of Operations
Also, while I’m probably different from most on here, I didn’t start out looking for a Jeep - I was shopping for a truck.

I found that the “small” trucks didn’t have much leg room in the back and just weren’t that nice of a place to be for a daily driver. Large trucks just won’t fit in the garage.

the Gladiator quickly became the obvious choice. With some of the others, I would’ve had a little more room in the garage but not enough to make a difference.

since buying (my first Jeep), I’ve not only been thrilled with the truck, but have also become a very happy Jeep owner and love tinkering with it.

Buy the Jeep and be happy!

Sponsored

OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
ofc it fits. might just be annoying for pulling in and out every day. with lift and 35s I have less than one inch to spare in height. in fact had to modify garage door a little so it is fully out of the way. that being said I only put it into the garage during snowstorms and pre road trip when fully loaded the night before. With 37s I think I will have to air down …
If you can do 1 inch, guess I should be fine in hight...Inspiration! :)

OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

Oldie but Goodie :).

OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Also, while I’m probably different from most on here, I didn’t start out looking for a Jeep - I was shopping for a truck.

I found that the “small” trucks didn’t have much leg room in the back and just weren’t that nice of a place to be for a daily driver. Large trucks just won’t fit in the garage.

the Gladiator quickly became the obvious choice. With some of the others, I would’ve had a little more room in the garage but not enough to make a difference.

since buying (my first Jeep), I’ve not only been thrilled with the truck, but have also become a very happy Jeep owner and love tinkering with it.

Buy the Jeep and be happy!
My first contender was a Frointeer PRO-4X, it is a nice truck and a bit less expensive of course...But honestly, after seeing a really detaild view of its interior and its ability off road, there really isn't any comparison to the Gladiator in both departments...Not to say it is bad in any way, it is very nice, but the Gladiator is much more capable and in at least one "teir" up overall, not to mention, much, much, more interesting.
Sponsored