First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1997 Jeep XJ
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser/Broker
I am thinking about buying a 2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon with the Diesel in it. I will get the tow package. I am worried if it will comfortably be able to tow my boat or not. I have not weighed the boat, but the owner's manual says it weighs 3,190 lbs. I am assuming this is without the trailer. I tow my boat to the lake about once a week with a round trip here in Arizona of about 100 miles from my house to Bartlett Lake. My boat is a 2006 Correct Craft Super Air Nautique 210. Does anyone tow a similar boat with their diesel Gladiator Rubicon? I currently drive a 2012 Ram 1500 with the 5.7L which tows the boat great.

Please let me know before I make a mistake. From what I read and see on YouTube I think it should be fine, but I am not 100% sure. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1624927968466.png
Sponsored

Reactions: KVJ
OP
OP
ToJTornottoJT

ToJTornottoJT

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Gremlinsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I think the diesel is lower in tow rating than the v6 gas motor
You will be pushing it in my honest opinion at 5k

But I’m positive others will chime in and help as I only tow a couple thousand pounds or less with mine

OP
OP
ToJTornottoJT

ToJTornottoJT

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I think the diesel is lower in tow rating than the v6 gas motor
You will be pushing it in my honest opinion at 5k

But I’m positive others will chime in and help as I only tow a couple thousand pounds or less with mine
I believe the tow rating for the Rubicon Diesel is 6,000 or 6,500 pounds. I find both in my research. Thanks.

Sponsored

eyekode

First Name
Salem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, WRX, Miata, Sienna
Occupation
Software dev
I tow a 2014 Axis A22. 4.5klb plus 1.5k trailer. This is with gas max tow. Brakes are good. Suspension can handle it. getting the load rolling is easy with 4.10 gears. Only minor complaint is acceleration. But I don’t feel the need to pass people when towing so works for me.

TheNewWampsCat

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
I tow our boat that factory says 3500lbs. Guessing trailer is another 2000lbs, plus gear, fuel… has no issues at all. That’s on my max tow, shouldn’t be an issue for you!

Sponsored

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
You will be fine

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
I tow our older 20' open bow with our gas powered JTR. I'm not sure exactly what the boat weighs, but it's a big fat pig with a 5.0 liter V8 in it. I can definitely feel it back there, but it tows it fine. I actually like towing it better than the 2001 F250 Powerstroke I sold. Maneuvering around the boat launch and backing it down the side of the house is so much easier. Now towing it with 37" tires, and I can't tell the difference from the 35's in the picture.

Jeep Gladiator Will it Tow My Boat? jeepnboat

OP
OP
ToJTornottoJT

ToJTornottoJT

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I took my boat to the truck stop scales and weighed the truck and trailer and then just the truck. The trailer with the boat on it weighs 5,300 lbs.

shredX

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I have towed a Crownline 202 bow rider with a tandem trailer. I have not weighed the boat but I assume it’s around 5000 pounds with a cooler, gas etc. I’ve towed it once before adding airbags once after. The airbags definitely help with stability. The Mojave is obviously a gasser. Sometimes I wish I got the diesel. All of my towing with my boat is from Reno up through the mountains to North Lake Tahoe and I can keep 55 mph regardless of the grade, but it does dropping a third gear and wind it up pretty well.
Edits for voice to text corrections.

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
The owner's manual probably gave the weight bare, without the gymnasium you have mounted as well as any other options you may have elected. By the location of the trailer wheels I assume that is a straight inboard. They are making some models with a V-Drive and the wheels have to be farther back. Is that a single exhaust in the middle of the stern I see? What powers it?
Anyways I like your boat. I've had three Nautiques and one Master Raft.
Sponsored