Will Ursa Minor happen?

CCCVagabond

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JTR
I know there have been whispers of one being developed, but is that all it is? Whispers? Especially now that they are doing a Bronco top, is the Gladiator version dead in the water?
Sponsored

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
They confirm on their site that it is in development. They recently released the JL top, so they are making some form of progress on their products. Last I saw, I believe their tentative timeline for the JT top was the end of 2021.

OP
OP
CCCVagabond

CCCVagabond

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JTR
That is unfortunate...didn’t think it would take that long.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I honestly expected that to end up being like the J180 that they don't appear to make any longer. I'm not sure how it'll be different than the AT Habitat or similar truck toppers at this point... seems like it's not going to be a sure-fire winner so I'd be curious if they'll still pursue it.

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly expected that to end up being like the J180 that they don't appear to make any longer. I'm not sure how it'll be different than the AT Habitat or similar truck toppers at this point... seems like it's not going to be a sure-fire winner so I'd be curious if they'll still pursue it.
When I asked them about it X months ago, they said the goal was for it to function similarly to their JK/JL tops, as in, it will be an integrated camper shell/hard top replacement, where you can pop it up, enter from the truck bed, stand up, and climb in to bed over the cab. As far as I know, that is still very unique in the current JT market, and if executed properly, would be my personal favorite design by far.

I don't know if their plans have changed since we last spoke, but if they do eventually release something like that, I would likely sell whatever setup I currently had in order to get it.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
When I asked them about it X months ago, they said the goal was for it to function similarly to their JK/JL tops, as in, it will be an integrated camper shell/hard top replacement, where you can pop it up, enter from the truck bed, stand up, and climb in to bed over the cab. As far as I know, that is still very unique in the current JT market, and if executed properly, would be my personal favorite design by far.

I don't know if their plans have changed since we last spoke, but if they do eventually release something like that, I would likely sell whatever setup I currently had in order to get it.
I'm glad to hear that! I've got a Softopper for my JT for now, hoping for that top to come along that makes it more "all inclusive." I hope I can still use the bed as a truck easily enough, since thats why I didn't just get a JLU w/ Ursa.
Sponsored