First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I will admit that I have not had the endurance to watch and read all of the reviews and a forum search came up dry so I will ask the team and see what y'all know. Will the winch plate for the steel bumper option JL cross over to the JT? I am about to explode and not write it as wench plate like I see so often. As for me, my wench rides in the passenger seat not the front bumper. If you did convince yours to ride outside please tell me how you did it.
Sponsored

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 & 2020 Bright White Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator :)
I will admit that I have not had the endurance to watch and read all of the reviews and a forum search came up dry so I will ask the team and see what y'all know. Will the winch plate for the steel bumper option JL cross over to the JT? I am about to explode and not write it as wench plate like I see so often. As for me, my wench rides in the passenger seat not the front bumper. If you did convince yours to ride outside please tell me how you did it.
I haven been told that they are the same bumper and all Mopar and aftermarket parts will fit both.

OP
OP
TennesseePA

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
That was my assumption too but not confirmed.

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 & 2020 Bright White Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator :)
Well pretty much confirmed by my dealer and parts guy. They are ordering my winch and stinger based upon that info. FCA has not released the part numbers yet so that would be ultimate confirmation!

jsouthard7

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator JTR Launch Edition, Jeep Wrangler JKUR, Jeep Wrangler TJ
Just received my Gladiator launch edition on Friday and ordered the JL warn winch mount for the JT OEM steel bumper. I can confirm that it fits with a small modification. There is a bracket that has a thread in it for the OEM skid plate under the bumper, that bracket had what appears to be useless Threaded nuts welded to it and i had to cut/grind them off and paint the bracket to get the warn brackets to work.

However, it was a quick fix and everything else lined up. i am running a warn 12-s platinum and it fits.

561CA92E-3764-4E25-81E1-63A1091D7959.jpeg

71F6E484-2824-407E-8420-AE598A6C1C5B.jpeg

EDA47D65-6A21-48BB-B822-231E1B3A1714.jpeg

14353DFA-7053-4CA8-8235-89EFACC7359F.jpeg

4E19E45A-5FD2-4F17-9E02-6E1CB8109294.jpeg

40C74994-D966-4B52-83D1-446D094BBF16.jpeg

28CE5524-410F-4BBB-9BE1-C968A32E90D2.jpeg

F69598B4-653C-4FD4-8F3C-8E2108DD3C38.jpeg

Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/jcroffroad-front-bumper-winch-plate-jlhr-wp-pc/_/R-JCROFF-JLHR-WP-PC

No cutting required. The bumpers are identical. The difference between JL and JT frontend is the slats in the slotted grill are wider on the JT.

Last edited:

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
Just received my Gladiator launch edition on Friday and ordered the JL warn winch mount for the JT OEM steel bumper. I can confirm that it fits with a small modification. There is a bracket that has a thread in it for the OEM skid plate under the bumper, that bracket had what appears to be useless Threaded nuts welded to it and i had to cut/grind them off and paint the bracket to get the warn brackets to work.

However, it was a quick fix and everything else lined up. i am running a warn 12-s platinum and it fits.
That's awesome news! I have ordered the same exact winch and was wondering about the winch mount and even contacted Warn and they said that they are still conducting tests and will get back to me but said that it should fit lol. Good job! this helps me out a lot.

LidLess07X

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Recon, 2001 TJ Sport, 2018 Mustang GT PP1 with Roush S.C.
I got my winch plate for the factory steel bumper from Rubitrux.

Sponsored

jsouthard7

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator JTR Launch Edition, Jeep Wrangler JKUR, Jeep Wrangler TJ
FYI, I am a huge fan of JCR offroad, however, when reading the JL forums, a lot of people are complaining of the plate bending when using the bumper after installing the https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/jcroffroad-front-bumper-winch-plate-jlhr-wp-pc/_/R-JCROFF-JLHR-WP-PC.

For clarification this is what I went with based on the revies from JL forum.
https://www.warn.com/winch-mount-2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-101255

And I also want to note that the bumpers do appear to be the same for the JL and JT, but there some obvious differences in manufacturing of the gladiator that have minor changes that require changes to make the JL stuff work. In this case it was that small bolt.

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
JL and JT front bumper area is identical. I bolted the Rugged Ridge JL winch plate from my JLUR with steel bumpers onto my JTR with steel bumper and it fit exactly the same, complete bolt on with no modification needed.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
JL and JT front bumper area is identical. I bolted the Rugged Ridge JL winch plate from my JLUR with steel bumpers onto my JTR with steel bumper and it fit exactly the same, complete bolt on with no modification needed.
IMG_0675.jpeg

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur