Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
That's the winch i have on my WK2 Trailhawk. I haven't used it to pull anyone or myself out yet but everything works well and I like the option of wireless or wired control.
I like the winch bumper you have. If I were keeping my Wk that would be the route I'd go too. I've bashed my lower lip so many times it just flaps in the wind. That Chief lower lip looks great!

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I should just shut my heathen mouth right now but I have a mile marker HI10500 being set up for transplant.

Anyone in the NY area also interested in a hydraulic winch? I’m looking for a development mule.

steveale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1951 M38, 2020 Gladiator LE
I just had the 12,000 lb Warn put on today. I will post pics. It is not the Zeon though...it's the one below that. This was 1300 installed with all hardware and labor. The zeon was going to be close to 2k. It had some chrome and better feeder plate but not worth the difference in my eyes.

Jeepdude413

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Job.... always got a job...
I bought and installed a Badlands 12k from harbor freight. Cheap and effective. Had experience with them before and it never let me down or the group of fellow jeepers that have them. Not the prettiest winch or not the best made but again, effective. If u only need a winch once in awhile or maybe not ever but want it for piece of mind and don’t want to spend hundreds on something that just sits there, then check them out. High ratings and reviews.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I bought and installed a Badlands 12k from harbor freight. Cheap and effective. Had experience with them before and it never let me down or the group of fellow jeepers that have them. Not the prettiest winch or not the best made but again, effective. If u only need a winch once in awhile or maybe not ever but want it for piece of mind and don’t want to spend hundreds on something that just sits there, then check them out. High ratings and reviews.
I only paid $289 for my Badland 12k; swapped out the steel rope with Nylon; added Factor55 closed system, including a winch plate, still under $650. I also moved the electronics under the hood and with its wireless remote it makes for a super clean, low profile, installation.
IMG_0913.jpeg

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
I only paid $289 for my Badland 12k; swapped out the steel rope with Nylon; added Factor55 closed system, including a winch plate, still under $650. I also moved the electronics under the hood and with its wireless remote it makes for a super clean, low profile, installation.
IMG_0913.jpeg
I like this setup... did you detail it anywhere? It does look very clean and low profile.

Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I like this setup... did you detail it anywhere? It does look very clean and low profile.
It's pretty simple.

What you'll need. BTW, for the JCR winch plate haters, there are two bends in the mount plate that prevent the plate between the Jeep's frame rails that prevent it from bending under load. If not wanting to go the JCR route you can save money by using the Rugged Ridge mount plate instead.

JCR winch plate --> https://www.quadratec.com/p/jcr-off...jeep-wrangler-jl-rubicon-factory-steel-bumper
Watch Harbor Freight for coupons or sale --> 12k winch (Under $300)
--> https://www.harborfreight.com/wireless-winch-remote-control-69229.html
--> https://www.harborfreight.com/6-ft-inverter-cable-set-2-awg-63747.html
26k lbs nylon rope --> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FC8ZG2N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Factor55 --> https://factor55.com/product/flatlink/
Poison Spyder Fairlead --> https://www.amazon.com/Poison-Spyde...gateway&sprefix=poison+Spyder+,aps,184&sr=8-2

Follow these steps:

Use the battery inverter cables to move the winch controller under the hood. You will need to disassemble the controller box in order for it to slide between the battery and passenger fender well.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Use the battery inverter cables to move the winch controller under the hood. You will need to disassemble the controller box in order for it to slide between the battery and passenger fender well.
Hey @Sorbs Could I trouble you for a picture of where you stashed it?

I have a sneaking suspicion I probably won’t be able to do the same because of the genesis dual battery kit. It might work, but with a picture, or two, i could figure it out...

Thanks!

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
576A83AB-2659-45FC-B7C1-6FEF651FFC2E.jpeg
Hey @Sorbs Could I trouble you for a picture of where you stashed it?

I have a sneaking suspicion I probably won’t be able to do the same because of the genesis dual battery kit. It might work, but with a picture, or two, i could figure it out...

Thanks!
I’m going to run the winch wireless controller/hand held controller plug-in into the cab for a cleaner install. As for the winch relay, it is isolated and secured with tie wraps between the battery and fender. No possibilities of arc points either.

Having already done multiple waters crossings the battery platform seems to be water resistant from the bottom as well.

Compared to the “Badland” plastic enclosure, that normally would be mounted on top of the winch, this is more protective having the electronics being under the hood. Also, the Badland relay box doesn’t come with an O-ring so it really doesn’t lend itself to being very water tight.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
576A83AB-2659-45FC-B7C1-6FEF651FFC2E.jpeg

I’m going to run the winch wireless controller/hand held controller plug-in into the cab for a cleaner install. As for the winch relay, it is isolated and secured with tie wraps between the battery and fender. No possibilities of arc points either.

Having already done multiple waters crossings the battery platform seems to be water resistant from the bottom as well.

Compared to the “Badland” plastic enclosure, that normally would be mounted on top of the winch, this is more protective having the electronics being under the hood. Also, the Badland relay box doesn’t come with an O-ring so it really doesn’t lend itself to being very water tight.
awesome. thanks. it probably won't fit with the dual battery kit... but I'm sure I could find another spot for it. I do think it's a great idea to get it under the hood, away from that front vulnerable area. It also makes it look way more sleek. I wonder if you could even get some kind of cover to make the winch completely disappear.
Sponsored