Wind Noise Solved

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
So I was looking around over on the JL forum and came across a post of a person who fixed their wind noise by adjusting their windshield hinges. Well I took a look at mine since I have wind noise. The windshield on my Gladiator was not even close to lined up with the frame. It was a 3/8th of an inch out to the pasenger side and 1/4inch low on the drivers side. There is a ton of play in these hinges. Once adjusted, I am seriously pleased with how quiet it is.
Jeep Gladiator Wind Noise Solved 0121211900b_HDR
Jeep Gladiator Wind Noise Solved 0121211900a_HDR
Jeep Gladiator Wind Noise Solved 0121211900_HDR
Jeep Gladiator Wind Noise Solved 0121211835a_HDR
Jeep Gladiator Wind Noise Solved 0121211835_HDR
Sponsored

Chilli

First Name
Wolfgang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLADIATOR RUBICON
Occupation
RETIRED
When you say ''play'' were the hinges not tight & able to shift bit, on their own ?

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you loosen the bolts in the picture there is about 3/4" movement up and down and side to side. The hinges them selves have about a 1/4 inch movement side to side. I was able to get my winshield with a good gap top to bottome and an 1/8 th overhang on each side.

gerky18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
You wouldn't happen to have before pictures would you? To show the difference in before and after.

NHyde

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
The front driverā€™s side had quite the whistle, I simply brought it to the dealer and had them fix it - they ended up resealing the entire window.

I know some folks are adverse to taking vehicles back to the dealer, but I didnā€™t spend $50k on a vehicle and not have it ā€˜workā€™ right.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I dont mind the dealer but I doubt many guys will get out a machine ruller and start checking gaps and making "fine" adjustments

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Mine didn't have wind whistling but man, that straight angle is just bad for buffeting.

P90Ed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Launch Edition, 2011 JKU Rubicon
There's a lot of pictures here. Can you specify which bolts you adjusted in order to correct the issue? Thanks.

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In the pictures with the windshield laid down. It is the two bolts with the strip of foam over them. There is a set on each hinge.

Sponsored

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
The front driverā€™s side had quite the whistle, I simply brought it to the dealer and had them fix it - they ended up resealing the entire window.

I know some folks are adverse to taking vehicles back to the dealer, but I didnā€™t spend $50k on a vehicle and not have it ā€˜workā€™ right.
i've got the whistle a little bit at higher driving speeds, especially with strong winds... what did the dealer do exactly, they just replace the foam pieces shown in the thread pics? just curious

haven't pulled down my windshield yet, and not going to anytime soon as we're in the middle of deep freeze up here

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Interesting. I need to do this. I have draft of cold air coming in on passenger side and a bit driver side from the window probably not sitting tight or right. Just have been too lazy but good to know there's an easy fix. I have to say the windshield down is something I could live without. When is that ever useful?

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. I need to do this. I have draft of cold air coming in on passenger side and a bit driver side from the window probably not sitting tight or right. Just have been too lazy but good to know there's an easy fix. I have to say the windshield down is something I could live without. When is that ever useful?
Well at least if you make it mobile, you need something that lines it back up to the frame without much fuss, bit I agree. It is a cool but weird tributes to 1941.

NHyde

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
i've got the whistle a little bit at higher driving speeds, especially with strong winds... what did the dealer do exactly, they just replace the foam pieces shown in the thread pics? just curious

haven't pulled down my windshield yet, and not going to anytime soon as we're in the middle of deep freeze up here
I believe they resealed it with a liquid/gel as it took all day to dry
Sponsored