GGguy77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I will have had my JL for a year in two weeks and just over 18k miles. My "AUTO" label just rubbed off the drivers side window switch and is starting to come off the passenger side. That makes me wonder about the rest of the dash. I never have chemicals on my hands so I know it is a manufacturer's defect. Anyone else have the problem and if so has the dealership fixed it?

IMG_20190913_160959.jpg
Sponsored

Jas0n

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I will have had my JL for a year in two weeks and just over 18k miles. My "AUTO" label just rubbed off the drivers side window switch and is starting to come off the passenger side. That makes me wonder about the rest of the dash. I never have chemicals on my hands so I know it is a manufacturer's defect. Anyone else have the problem and if so has the dealership fixed it?

IMG_20190913_160959.jpg
I’m at a year and 13k miles. Mine has rubbed off as well. The rest of my buttons and switches are fine though.

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Don't touch the labels maybe? Works for me. Jeep is not the only brand that has this problem. My Chevy's were notorious for this as well...

You need to be careful of the brand of dash cleaner you use as well; some of those make excellent label removers. Even your sweat and body oils will take a toll on the interior.

This all falls under the "They don't make'em like they used to" mantra.

T43

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
I'm at 4500 miles and mine is half gone.

MikeJLUR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4 door Rubicon
See it a lot of people posting on Facebook posting this. Take it to the dealer.

Sponsored

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
Sunscreen did that to my old truck.

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
Near 30k on my JL and use my driver window switch very frequently on every trip, mine still look perfectly fine...maybe they had a bad batch of switches

Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
My 2019 didn't come with “auto” written on the buttons.

Greg, I think we just found the reason why FCA stopped putting it on the switches. ;)

OP
OP
GGguy77

GGguy77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I mean it's really not an issue. Who cares if it says auto or not? I don't see how this is worth anybodies time trying to get fixed under warranty.
Just the point...$48K for a vehicle and my 2006 Scion xB that I paid $18k for is holding up better over 19 years than this one before a year.

OP
OP
GGguy77

GGguy77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have only used a dry microfiber maybe twice on the dash. No cleaners.

Don't touch the labels maybe? Works for me. Jeep is not the only brand that has this problem. My Chevy's were notorious for this as well...

You need to be careful of the brand of dash cleaner you use as well; some of those make excellent label removers. Even your sweat and body oils will take a toll on the interior.

This all falls under the "They don't make'em like they used to" mantra.

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have only used a dry microfiber maybe twice on the dash. No cleaners.
Well, I guess that narrows it down to sweat and body oils then. When I operate those switches, I use the bottom of my finger on the bottom of the switch. Like I'm reaching under the switch to operate it. That way I do not touch the labels. Good luck.

I agree that you shouldn't have to worry about how you touch your car but the world is a fickle pickle sometimes...

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I mean it's really not an issue. Who cares if it says auto or not? I don't see how this is worth anybodies time trying to get fixed under warranty.
Okay, I dont want my wife to see this , but the Jeep is her dd and if the paint wears off the window button , that window is never gonna move again ! :facepalm:
Sponsored

Last edited: