Window seal leak- wind noise

Woody

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I’ve had my LE for about 2 weeks and noticed ( what sounds like a seal leak) even at low speeds. Just wondering if this is normal of if I have a actual seal leak. I had a 2014 rubicon and had noise running at higher speed but not at lower speeds like my LE does. Anyone else have the same issue?
Sponsored

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Is it just wind noise or water too? The first round of JL's had a few issues with the windshield seal which caused a lot of noise for some people, but was easily fixed by adjusting the hinge bolts.

OP
OP

Woody

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Is it just wind noise or water too? The first round of JL's had a few issues with the windshield seal which caused a lot of noise for some people, but was easily fixed by adjusting the hinge bolts.
No water.. just wind noise from the driver side window. Very annoying..

LittleRocker

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S and Tesla Model 3
I’m getting it, too. Sounds like the door isn’t pulled shut.

OP
OP

Woody

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I’m getting it, too. Sounds like the door isn’t pulled shut.
Interesting.. I am going to ask about it when I take it in for service. Please keep me posted if you find out anything before.

Sponsored

mowers35

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator, 2002 jeep TJ, 1983 jeep Cj-7
I had an air leak(whistle at 40-50 mph) in mine from day 1 on the passenger side. I took it to the dealership and had it looked at, and it ended up needing a new passenger door seal. Take some blue painters tape and tape off the window and door. Then go for a drive and little by little remove tape until the leak comes back. This will tell you where/what is leaking so when you go to the dealership they have a good starting point. At least that's what I did and they were able to fix it in one day.

OP
OP

Woody

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I had an air leak(whistle at 40-50 mph) in mine from day 1 on the passenger side. I took it to the dealership and had it looked at, and it ended up needing a new passenger door seal. Take some blue painters tape and tape off the window and door. Then go for a drive and little by little remove tape until the leak comes back. This will tell you where/what is leaking so when you go to the dealership they have a good starting point. At least that's what I did and they were able to fix it in one day.
Thanks!!