Window sticker difference from build sheet

Michael Harris

First Name
ichael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Gladiator, Ram 3500
So we got our red Gladiator Overland last week and since the owner of the dealership is a good friend he printed me off the build sheet. My window sticker says Dana 44 front and rear axle under standard equip. My build sheet says Dana M220 rear axle and Dana M210 front. I do have the towing package so could that be the reason there is a difference between sticker and build sheet??
Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Dana 44 is the general family of axle, the 220 & 210 are the specific variants which would capture the correct width and general internal specifications. Somewhere on them would e a build tag which would then detail the ratio and if it was equipped with slip control and/or lockers.

OP
OP
Michael Harris

Michael Harris

First Name
ichael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dana 44 is the general family of axle, the 220 & 210 are the specific variants which would capture the correct width and general internal specifications. Somewhere on them would e a build tag which would then detail the ratio and if it was equipped with slip control and/or lockers.
Thanks! My window sticker says Dana 44 but the build sheet says M220 and M210. Which would be a more accurate document, the window sticker or the build sheet? I guess basically they are all Dana 44?

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
The M220 is the fixed drive axle variant and the M210 is the steerable drive axle variant. Both of these are part of the 44 series family of axles as opposed to the 20, 30 or 60 families. Saying it’s an M220 won’t mean much unless you are talking to real parts geeks and even then.

To broaden back out the axles May both be 44’s but parts may need to be flipped or mirrored to get the correct rotation direction and the steer axle needs its knuckles etc plus the differences in control arm pickups. For the casual conversation, they being 44’s is enough to explain how tough and capable they are.

OP
OP
Michael Harris

Michael Harris

First Name
ichael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The M220 is the fixed drive axle variant and the M210 is the steerable drive axle variant. Both of these are part of the 44 series family of axles as opposed to the 20, 30 or 60 families. Saying it’s an M220 won’t mean much unless you are talking to real parts geeks and even then.

To broaden back out the axles May both be 44’s but parts may need to be flipped or mirrored to get the correct rotation direction and the steer axle needs its knuckles etc plus the differences in control arm pickups. For the casual conversation, they being 44’s is enough to explain how tough and capable they are.
Thank you very much, great explanation!
Sponsored