• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Wisconsin Windshield chips and cracks

Whiteknight

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon,2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition White
Occupation
Sales CDJR
2nd windshield. Any ideas on how to prevent more chipped windshields. Plexi glass or a screen in front of windshield? Will try bug deflector, let me know what works, Please. Parts department said Gorilla glass not available for Gladiator and windshield repair guy did not think applications work. Gravel shoulders on roads are problem. Thank you.
Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Just received the Gorilla Glass windshield yesterday, took a while since I ordered 8/31. Need to schedule in with my local glass shop, good folks but had NO idea what I was talking about when I asked after Gorilla Glass.

Getting a Mopar windshield installed was $545 - $575 so $$770 + $100 install with a 2 yr breakage warranty penciled out for me.

https://hyperformanceglassproducts.com/

OP
OP
Whiteknight

Whiteknight

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales CDJR
Thank you for your assistance. This is happened with my order; Thank you for joining the JEEP early bird list. We will get in touch with you as soon as JEEP products are available. Let me know how yours works. Might be a little while. Hope I can find an approved installer.

BiffsJT

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2005 GX 470
Just received the Gorilla Glass windshield yesterday, took a while since I ordered 8/31. Need to schedule in with my local glass shop, good folks but had NO idea what I was talking about when I asked after Gorilla Glass.

Getting a Mopar windshield installed was $545 - $575 so $$770 + $100 install with a 2 yr breakage warranty penciled out for me.

https://hyperformanceglassproducts.com/
I just ate my first rock yesterday and prayed for it not to run, but walked out after work and it sure ran. So have you been happy with the Gorilla Glass? I have not seen anything about install on the HGP site. Did the installer have any issues? Need special equipment, etc? Thanks!

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Got it Thursday, I'll schedule it installed with my preferred local glass shop.

It's just a windshield, there was verbiage about it being shipped to a qualified installer but that conversation never happened. It's not a big deal, it's not like it's that different to other auto glass.

I've brought in specialty parts to them before, like the gigantic rubber grommet that holds the rear window on an old Ford Ranger. Mine got cut out by a yoot burgling my truck, they got the glass and told me to save money and bring the rubber donut to them from the local Ford garage.

The main benefit to my mind is NOT having another broken windshield, and if it happens again, I've got a 2 yr replacement warranty. My $500 deductible puts a regular windshield replacement firmly out of pocket, so I'm playing the odds of coming out ahead either way.

I just ate my first rock yesterday and prayed for it not to run, but walked out after work and it sure ran. So have you been happy with the Gorilla Glass? I have not seen anything about install on the HGP site. Did the installer have any issues? Need special equipment, etc? Thanks!

Sponsored

BiffsJT

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got it Thursday, I'll schedule it installed with my preferred local glass shop.

It's just a windshield, there was verbiage about it being shipped to a qualified installer but that conversation never happened. It's not a big deal, it's not like it's that different to other auto glass.

I've brought in specialty parts to them before, like the gigantic rubber grommet that holds the rear window on an old Ford Ranger. Mine got cut out by a yoot burgling my truck, they got the glass and told me to save money and bring the rubber donut to them from the local Ford garage.

The main benefit to my mind is NOT having another broken windshield, and if it happens again, I've got a 2 yr replacement warranty. My $500 deductible puts a regular windshield replacement firmly out of pocket, so I'm playing the odds of coming out ahead either way.
Thanks! I e-mailed HGP because their warranty says it is supposed to be installed by an Authorized Service Representative. That is crappy if they don't have installers in the area. I'll probably just roll the dice and order now. Cheers!

WaterDR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
I live in WI. Paid $350 to have Crystal Visiln installed. Comes with free windshield replacement if it ever breaks.

BiffsJT

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered from HGP on Monday and they had $200 off this week for their anniversary. That will pay for the install. Glass gets to my house today via FedEX. HGP has been great and very responsive. No Jeep in the corner, but I have a gorilla instead! Cheers!

PLEG1972

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeel Gladiator
Occupation
Maintenance Supervisor
Man, your states all suck! AZ makes the insurance companies offer glass replacement with no deductible. I got 7 chips within my first month and one 19 hours after getting my windshield replaced. I get 2 or 3 windshields a yr and I'm not sure how many chip repairs. I had 5 windshields replaced and about 9 chips on my F150 and never was told no or out of pocket.

BiffsJT

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man, your states all suck! AZ makes the insurance companies offer glass replacement with no deductible. I got 7 chips within my first month and one 19 hours after getting my windshield replaced. I get 2 or 3 windshields a yr and I'm not sure how many chip repairs. I had 5 windshields replaced and about 9 chips on my F150 and never was told no or out of pocket.
Yeah, I lived in FL and they had free replacement. VA not so cool with that.

I received my windshield in a week and HGP identified a local installer and everything. They were great and I have had no problems since install. Knock on wood of course! Cheers!

Sponsored

JeeperCreeper

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Gladiator
Occupation
Semi-retired
I live in WI. Paid $350 to have Crystal Visiln installed. Comes with free windshield replacement if it ever breaks.
Where did you get it done at for that price??
I live in lake Geneva area

OP
OP
Whiteknight

Whiteknight

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales CDJR
Widshield Wizard, they had Mopar glass before anyone else could get to me, and they can also get gorrila glass, waiting for that.
Sponsored