First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator High Altitude black/grey int
Occupation
Nurse Supervisor
Started the Jeep in the driveway this afternoon, about 50 degrees and drizzling. Sat in the driveway about 5 minutes, turned on the defroster and drove down the street and heard a lack crack or bang sound and a large crack appeared in the middle of the windshield. I had heard others having this issue when the defroster was turned on but didn't believe it. I've had the Jeep since Oct and have 6700 miles on it. I just washed the Jeep and windshield yesterday and the windshield was perfect. Hoping I can get it covered under warranty but if not I'll use insurance. I've got adaptive cruise control so I'm not sure if it has to be recalibrated once the windshield is replaced. I'll follow up with more info.
Sponsored

49Gramps

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired Fire & EMS Dispatcher
Yes, it will need recalibration. Just got a quote from Sa-el-te for $1075!

Trollboogie

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
You probably already had a crack in the bottom section of the windshield, in the black part under the wiper blades. I heard what I thought was a chip/crack and couldn't find it. When I used the defroster and it heated the cold glass...... There it was.

bmbrboi

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry JT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Exact same thing happened to me. Look real close in the black section under the wipers.

49Gramps

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired Fire & EMS Dispatcher
You probably already had a crack in the bottom section of the windshield, in the black part under the wiper blades. I heard what I thought was a chip/crack and couldn't find it. When I used the defroster and it heated the cold glass...... There it was.
I had just a little chip at the bottom edge right in front of the driver. Every time I turned on the defroster, it would slightly change direction and travel a bit further. It took 4 1/2 months, but it finally made it to the right edge, midway up the glass!

Sponsored

QuintusMaximus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL, 2022 JT

Kirk*Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Jeep Mojave/toyota camry
My windshield lasted a whole 2700 miles before cracking. Not replacing it until late spring

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 2021 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator LE
Exactly same thing happened to us last weekend. Jeep was purchased in Nov. No visible signs of a chip.... but a crack started from the bottom, in the black, right where the defrost is. Just got it replaced a couple days ago through insurance.

Didn't even think to consider warranty, but it sounds like this might be something systemic given the location and other similarities.
Sponsored